simran.singh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have applied to History at Manchester, Leeds,Nottingham, York and Bristol and have received three As as offers. I was wondering if anyone knew how lenient these universities are on results day and if they accept lower grades.
Last edited by simran.singh; 1 month ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by simran.singh)
I have applied to History at Manchester, Leeds,Nottingham, York and Bristol and have received three As as offers. I was wondering if anyone knew how lenient these universities are on results day and if they accept lower grades.
Depends on the day, strength of your application, how many others make and take the offer? Competitive year then likely they will have enough, lots of people not making the offer then they have more leeway. All your unis are in the competitive zone.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The simple truth is that no-one knows.

Every year is different - this one in particular - and in any year 'leniency' depends on there being spaces because other people didnt get their grades, and the Uni wants to take 'near miss' people rather than go into Clearing. Unless you have a crystal ball, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

However - Humanities subjects like History have been less competitive in recent years, and many otherwise 'top' Unis have dropped their entry requirements for some Arts/Humanities subjects. Its therefore possible that you are more likely to be accepted for a Humanities subject if you 'miss' than for STEM - but every year is different so this still isnt a guarantee.
something_orphic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Basically the same as McGinger Manchester, Bristol and York are pretty competitive . Nottingham may be the more lenient of them. Luckily History is less competitive but honestly just try and get your 3 As.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (219)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (173)
44.13%

Watched Threads