Assess the potential causes of changes to the water balance help!!

Watch
fakeaffection
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
i got handed an geography a level exam question but im not sure how to answer it and it is 20 marks.
Assess the potential causes and impacts of changes to the water
balance within a tropical rainforest that you have studied.
The exam board I have is AQA so we learnt about the Amazon rainforest. Can someone help?
akany:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by fakeaffection)
i got handed an geography a level exam question but im not sure how to answer it and it is 20 marks.
Assess the potential causes and impacts of changes to the water
balance within a tropical rainforest that you have studied.
The exam board I have is AQA so we learnt about the Amazon rainforest. Can someone help?
so explain the effects of changing the water cycle and the carbon cycle in the tropical rain. forest.(they are both interlinked) So when deforestation occurs there is less interception and an increase in surface run off so that causes more flooding because theres higher levels of water in the rivers. As deforestation occurs there is more carbon and methane released into the atmosphere increasing the temperature and increasing evaporation which means more rivers dry out quicker.
I'm not sure if you do this in AQA but have an introduction to give all your facts and statistics. And a conclusion maybe too.
hope this helps.
When writing always ask yourself so what?/why?
There is less water in the rainforest due to climate change and deforestation. why? This is due to the increase in temperature as a result of human activity in the rainforest etc.
Blueberry_boi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by akany:))
so explain the effects of changing the water cycle and the carbon cycle in the tropical rain. forest.(they are both interlinked) So when deforestation occurs there is less interception and an increase in surface run off so that causes more flooding because theres higher levels of water in the rivers. As deforestation occurs there is more carbon and methane released into the atmosphere increasing the temperature and increasing evaporation which means more rivers dry out quicker.
I'm not sure if you do this in AQA but have an introduction to give all your facts and statistics. And a conclusion maybe too.
hope this helps.
When writing always ask yourself so what?/why?
There is less water in the rainforest due to climate change and deforestation. why? This is due to the increase in temperature as a result of human activity in the rainforest etc.
Thank you this is very helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (28)
26.92%
No (76)
73.08%

Watched Threads