Fireworks from New Year's Eve Watch

This discussion is closed.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I thought I should share some of these pics with everyone here, since I was actually next to Westminster Bridge and Big Ben last night, amongst the crowds gathered to welcome in the new year.
So here they are (in rough chronological order):
Attached files
4Ed
Rep:
?
part II:
Attached files
4Ed
Rep:
?
part III (final):
Attached files
Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wicked pictures. :cool:
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
those fireworks were amazing, unfortuanetly i had to watch them on tv
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nice!
Infortunately, I had to watch them on tv too.
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow, what beautiful fireworks :cool: I think fireworks should be banned though. One of my dogs was so frightned he started convulsing. His eyes rolled back into his head and he was fitting and jerking
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
amazing! SW1 rocks :cool:
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought the firework at the end was cool. It was like an atomic bomb!!
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
Wow, what beautiful fireworks :cool: I think fireworks should be banned though. One of my dogs was so frightned he started convulsing. His eyes rolled back into his head and he was fitting and jerking
i agree - lots of pets are terrified around this time of year and nov. 5th. the personal sale of fireworks should be banned, IMO, but not large public displays such as the london one where at least it's controlled.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they cant ban fireworks because your dog is scared of them. (i no that sounds nasty but its not ment to be a nasty comment) i think u can get sleeping tablets at the vet that makes them sleep threw fireworks on bonfire night.
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I watched some fireworks on the horizon. It didn't quite have the same effect though.
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
they cant ban fireworks because your dog i scared of them. (i no that sounds nasty but its not ment to be a nasty comment) i think u can get sleeping tablets at the vet that makes them sleep threw fireworks on bonfire night.
Alternatively I guess you could ban dogs. Though, that probably wouldn't be a popular move. However it would mean there was less "fouling" of places where normal innocent people actually want to position their feet.
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
i agree - lots of pets are terrified around this time of year and nov. 5th. the personal sale of fireworks should be banned, IMO, but not large public displays such as the london one where at least it's controlled.
Yeh, thats true. The public ones are very beautiful and are always nice to see. And we always know when they are going to go off. And they are not so regular or loud because we live on an Island where not much happens :p: I thought billy, my dog, was going to die on nov 5th and last night though. Ive never seen an animal so scared
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
they cant ban fireworks because your dog is scared of them. (i no that sounds nasty but its not ment to be a nasty comment) i think u can get sleeping tablets at the vet that makes them sleep threw fireworks on bonfire night.
I know...I dont expect them to :p: Yeh, we are going to try that next time. Trouble is bloody fools round here let them off at weird times. I think there should at least be a law limiting the nights on which fireworks can take place.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know...I dont expect them to :p: Yeh, we are going to try that next time. Trouble is bloody fools round here let them off at weird times. I think there should at least be a law limiting the nights on which fireworks can take place.
a law would make it easier for dogs when u think about it. All owners have until 8pm to get any scared animals asleep. After 8pm fireworks are allowed to be released. sounds good.
MRLX69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cool!
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
amazing! SW1 rocks :cool:
oh forget that! its all about SW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a law implementing castration of people who buy those crappy "British Standard" fireworks kits and set them off in the street and chuck them around at people would probably be the best one..
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
oh forget that! its all about SW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SW7's where it's at!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.4%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (161)
40.05%

Watched Threads