Boy is confused
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Preparation of ethyl ethanoate from ethanoic acid and ethanol results in an equilibrium mixture.

CH3COOH + C2H5OH- -> / <-- (reversible) CH3COOC2H5 + H2O

Once the reaction has concluded, the mixture is poured into sodium hydrogen carbonate solution. What is the purpose of the sodium hydrogen carbonate solution?

Thanks
Boy is confused
Rep:
?
Preparation of ethyl ethanoate from ethanoic acid and ethanol results in an equilibrium mixture.

Once the reaction has concluded, the mixture is poured into sodium hydrogen carbonate solution. What is the purpose of the sodium hydrogen carbonate solution?

Thanks
Boy is confused
Rep:
?

Many Thanks
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Five threads is unnecessary.
lily3245
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boy is confused)

Many Thanks
Neutralise the acid maybe??
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boy is confused)

Thanks
Please do not spam the forum with multiple posts on the same question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (139)
62.05%
I don't have everything I need (85)
37.95%

Watched Threads