do you need further maths to study economics at Leeds/Warwick type unis

Watch
yusuf.khalil03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
applying in like 5 days and don't know how hard it is to get into econ without further maths any advice
diana_rita
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi! i've also applied to economics at both warwick and leeds (offer) to start next year. leeds don't even require maths so they don't care about further maths. i do take further maths AS as warwick say it's preferred but it's definitely not necessary. as long as you do a level maths you should be fine. good luck!
Last edited by diana_rita; 1 month ago
killerspeedforce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yusuf.khalil03)
applying in like 5 days and don't know how hard it is to get into econ without further maths any advice
Bro 2 months you are sorted in A level FM. Only if you have the determination.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Warwick perhaps would be preferable, Leeds probably not that fussed. I don't think either of them (or indeed any other economics course save perhaps UCL) require it in the way LSE does. However Warwick's economics department is one of it's stronger ones and their course is fairly mathematical, comparable to Cambridge, UCL, and LSE I believe (you can take linear algebra and analysis proper during the course, the former I think even in first year, alongside the usual "methods-y" maths modules that you would take anyway).
yusuf.khalil03
Rep:
?
my bad shouldve specified i took maths econ and graphic design but yeah im just hoping my personal statement carries me hope to apply to leeds warick durham do u think its worth applying to st.Andrews or would that be a waste of an option i can get class grades i just got done over last year because i did no work for thr yr 12 mocks so my predicted grades like ABB what u thinkj?
yusuf.khalil03
Rep:
?
(Original post by diana_rita)
hi! i've also applied to economics at both warwick and leeds (offer) to start next year. leeds don't even require maths so they don't care about further maths. i do take further maths AS as warwick say it's preferred but it's definitely not necessary. as long as you do a level maths you should be fine. good luck!
sorry could i ask what grades you were predicted congrats tho
diana_rita
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yusuf.khalil03)
sorry could i ask what grades you were predicted congrats tho
thank you! A* achieved, A*A*A and a B in AS predicted. Leeds is my insurance choice for the time being
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (240)
44.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed