The Student Room Group

Emailing my teacher?? Drama

I'm in year 12 atm, and I do quite a bit of drama outside of school and I've got a few connections in drama schools who have seen me perform and really encouraged me
( trying to show I do have an interest haha)
However, I started my school in year 9 and I was very depressed at the time and struggled to express myself in drama lessons at school as I felt too uncomfortable so I never tried.
Obviously I've been at school awhile now and I'm all settled but since then I've only continued with youth companies and things outside of school, I do however have a music scholarship but I've never even tried to show interest into drama inside the school. It was just this one specific group of people that I did like dominating the drama productions and as I already had the creative outlet elsewhere, I didn't find it necessary to join.

But now I'm starting to consider drama school and I reckon I should discuss it a bit with the drama department but I just feel so embarrassed like I'm this random kid whos never shown an initiative before who suddenly wants a career out of it.
any advice?
Are you joking that’s great news, they won’t think of you like that, the drama department will probably be so excited for you AND the fact that a student of theirs has this great opportunity ahead of them. Don’t be shy, let yourself be seen and acknowledged, they will be crazy happy for you
Hi @ozcult
Definitely ask your teachers advice and don’t be scared about it ! I’m sure they will be happy to help and excited that you are considering drama ! In the same way at school I was involved in drama but wasn’t someone who played the main role and now I’m studying drama at university so it is possible to do things you are interested in ! Also if you have any questions about my studies I would be happy to help !
Lancaster university student ambassador Holly
Drama, theatre and performance BA Hons
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending