ameelia.xo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so we had mocks today. it was the first day it was terrible.

i had revised for computer science, english language, biology paper 1 and music over the last two weeks and today was an absolute flop.

i have literally been stressing over the exams every. single. day. there wasnt a day without tears.

i didnt want to go to school this morning, everything was totally fine and whatever and then a member of my family booked me an uber and was like "LOL UR GOING BYE" and i was like oh.

i went to school and they were like oh a member of your family has called in and we know whats happened and whatever and i broke down.

the first exam was english language and my pen didnt make contact with the paper. i cried about that and as a result of it got sent to the senior leadership team where they were like okay were going to make you a plan. during this conversation i missed maths.

i did the music one, and im not just saying this to be like BLEH IM CRAP AT MUSIC CRAP AT EVERYTHING but i genuinely get like 1 or 2 marks on every music test i do no matter how effectively i revise. so i flopped that.

i have a biology test tomorrow, i have tried doing past papers and got a U everytime. shall i just revise or do i just do to bed and fail lol.
DoNotMove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ameelia.xo)

i had revised for computer science, english language, biology paper 1 and music over the last two weeks and today was an absolute flop.

i have literally been stressing over the exams every. single. day. there wasnt a day without tears.

i didnt want to go to school this morning, everything was totally fine and whatever and then a member of my family booked me an uber and was like "LOL UR GOING BYE" and i was like oh.

i went to school and they were like oh a member of your family has called in and we know whats happened and whatever and i broke down.

the first exam was english language and my pen didnt make contact with the paper. i cried about that and as a result of it got sent to the senior leadership team where they were like okay were going to make you a plan. during this conversation i missed maths.

i did the music one, and im not just saying this to be like BLEH IM CRAP AT MUSIC CRAP AT EVERYTHING but i genuinely get like 1 or 2 marks on every music test i do no matter how effectively i revise. so i flopped that.

i have a biology test tomorrow, i have tried doing past papers and got a U everytime. shall i just revise or do i just do to bed and fail lol.
You need to move on from this exam period, realise that you have things to work on and get going. Take some time to have a break, collect yourself and sort out your mental health, and then try and get back on track with doing some work. Talk your tutor, your teachers, anyone who you'd think would help, and try and do some studying. I know it is hard and I know it is difficult when you feel you don't know anything. But start small with something you enjoy studying and go from there. I know it feels like you're just going to fail and there's no point but at least try your best. Stay strong and get help for your mental health because you shouldn't have to struggle with stress and anxiety. If you need help with Music, Computer Science or Maths, then I can help you. I take Maths & Computer Science at uni, and also got into music school and one point in my life so I have some idea of what I'm doing.
Just know you're not alone, best of luck.
Donnialy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hey this may be too late . Everything gets better, situations improve . Revise the core basics now, but not too much , you need an early night (yes I know hypocritical of me to say this to u at 12 am lol). If you don’t know it now then don’t stress urself about it . Have a long restful sleep bc if u work loads but sleep not a lot then ur performance drops a lot (trust me I nearly feel asleep in my Spanish listening and they only play it twice so I was screwed). For ur actual exams, u have plenty of time. These mocks, as horrid as they sound , and at the risk of sounding like ur head of year, but they are not that big a deal. Yes they are important, but you grow and develop between now and GCSES. Also these are to show u the exam conditions etc. I’m so sorry if this is too long, too late, or not at all useful . Have a good rest and good luck ⭐️⭐️😁
ameelia.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoNotMove)
You need to move on from this exam period, realise that you have things to work on and get going. Take some time to have a break, collect yourself and sort out your mental health, and then try and get back on track with doing some work. Talk your tutor, your teachers, anyone who you'd think would help, and try and do some studying. I know it is hard and I know it is difficult when you feel you don't know anything. But start small with something you enjoy studying and go from there. I know it feels like you're just going to fail and there's no point but at least try your best. Stay strong and get help for your mental health because you shouldn't have to struggle with stress and anxiety. If you need help with Music, Computer Science or Maths, then I can help you. I take Maths & Computer Science at uni, and also got into music school and one point in my life so I have some idea of what I'm doing.
Just know you're not alone, best of luck.
thankyou so much, i will pm you if i need help in those specific subjects
ameelia.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Donnialy)
Hey this may be too late . Everything gets better, situations improve . Revise the core basics now, but not too much , you need an early night (yes I know hypocritical of me to say this to u at 12 am lol). If you don’t know it now then don’t stress urself about it . Have a long restful sleep bc if u work loads but sleep not a lot then ur performance drops a lot (trust me I nearly feel asleep in my Spanish listening and they only play it twice so I was screwed). For ur actual exams, u have plenty of time. These mocks, as horrid as they sound , and at the risk of sounding like ur head of year, but they are not that big a deal. Yes they are important, but you grow and develop between now and GCSES. Also these are to show u the exam conditions etc. I’m so sorry if this is too long, too late, or not at all useful . Have a good rest and good luck ⭐️⭐️😁
i understand, i really do. but heres the thing. my mocks go towards my predicted grades as well as other previous exam scores which are all so. flipping. bad. and the predicted grades i need to do well in bc of the sixth form i want to get into
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
go to bed as sleep will be more helpful then cramming at this point (for MH especially) it seems you've gotten into talks about further support with a member of SLT and your teachers should be aware and willing to help. This is mocks, and predicted grades arent be all end all

get your mocks done with (revise as much as you feel ok doing) and then find the areas you struggle with most and focus on them, do short bursts of revising the topic and then doing a few questions or just some questions if you are more confident!
then have a snack break (or something that effect)

I'm assuming you're doing GCSEs (year 11?) but feel free to PM if you ever need to rant or a bit of help on somit
ameelia.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bambi1425)
go to bed as sleep will be more helpful then cramming at this point (for MH especially) it seems you've gotten into talks about further support with a member of SLT and your teachers should be aware and willing to help. This is mocks, and predicted grades arent be all end all

get your mocks done with (revise as much as you feel ok doing) and then find the areas you struggle with most and focus on them, do short bursts of revising the topic and then doing a few questions or just some questions if you are more confident!
then have a snack break (or something that effect)

I'm assuming you're doing GCSEs (year 11?) but feel free to PM if you ever need to rant or a bit of help on somit
thankyou so much!! and yes, i am in year 11. I had the bio test today it was SO.BAD. i am going to get a U i know it.
bambi1425
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thankyou so much!! and yes, i am in year 11. I had the bio test today it was SO.BAD. i am going to get a U i know it.
you might suprise yourself!
ameelia.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bambi1425)
you might suprise yourself!
no no, you dont understand everyone says that to me and its always what i expect or worse ive never been happy with a score ive got in my life
bkin777
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no no, you dont understand everyone says that to me and its always what i expect or worse ive never been happy with a score ive got in my life
Hey,
I've felt just like you before. Please don't be alarmed by what you get on these mocks, as they're just mock tests. Use this as an opportunity to lay your strengths and weeknesses before you and work as hard as you can to make GCSEs easier for you, and you should see that your grades will start to flourish from what it feels like now. Even if you do score bad on your mocks, it doesn't mean you'll never do good in your actual GCSEs.

I'm very certain you've got what it takes to score higher than what your pessimism thinks, and I wish you the best of luck. Get some good nights rest, and budget some time into revision, and you've got this!
ameelia.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bkin777)
Hey,
I've felt just like you before. Please don't be alarmed by what you get on these mocks, as they're just mock tests. Use this as an opportunity to lay your strengths and weeknesses before you and work as hard as you can to make GCSEs easier for you, and you should see that your grades will start to flourish from what it feels like now. Even if you do score bad on your mocks, it doesn't mean you'll never do good in your actual GCSEs.

I'm very certain you've got what it takes to score higher than what your pessimism thinks, and I wish you the best of luck. Get some good nights rest, and budget some time into revision, and you've got this!
thankyou so so so much
Donnialy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i understand, i really do. but heres the thing. my mocks go towards my predicted grades as well as other previous exam scores which are all so. flipping. bad. and the predicted grades i need to do well in bc of the sixth form i want to get into
I wish u all the best 👍
helloiambored
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Donnialy)
Hey. How do you recommend I revise for Spanish. I have a reading and writing paper tomorrow and I am gonna fail but I want to start revising for my mocks with are next month
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
may I ask how you actually revise?
Donnialy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by helloiambored)
Hey. How do you recommend I revise for Spanish. I have a reading and writing paper tomorrow and I am gonna fail but I want to start revising for my mocks with are next month
Hey so I accident reported this instead of responding to this I’m so sorry 😢 I would just revise vocab and grammar stuff and try ur best 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads