Cranfield vs Glassgow for Msc. finance and management

Watch
Aryaa Rai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been offered the course of Msc. Finance and management from cranfield university but now I am confused if I should also consider cheaper universities as well. I was thinking to apply for Glasgow university as they have Adam Smith scholarships. My other choices were lancaster, loughborough, aston and kent.

Any guidance or suggestion would be helpful
brokestudent3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the glasgow uni prospectus shows the monthly cost of living, idk how it works for english applicants but like i live in scotland and will be going to uni in scotland and ur SAAS debt gets wiped after 30 years
Aryaa Rai
Rep:
?
(Original post by brokestudent3)
the glasgow uni prospectus shows the monthly cost of living, idk how it works for english applicants but like i live in scotland and will be going to uni in scotland and ur SAAS debt gets wiped after 30 years
Thanks for help. I am Indian student so I don't have much idea about difference in england and scotland other than wheather. Also, can you also explain about SAAS that you mentioned?
brokestudent3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aryaa Rai)
Thanks for help. I am Indian student so I don't have much idea about difference in england and scotland other than wheather. Also, can you also explain about SAAS that you mentioned?
SAAS is the company/website you use to apply for student finance! they pay your tuition and give you a loan (and in some cases a bursary if you’re eligible) for living costs. you start to pay it back once you start making a certain amount of money a year but it all gets wiped after 30 years i think
Aryaa Rai
Rep:
?
SAAS is the company/website you use to apply for student finance! they pay your tuition and give you a loan (and in some cases a bursary if you’re eligible) for living costs. you start to pay it back once you start making a certain amount of money a year but it all gets wiped after 30 years i think
Ohh.. I see.. Would you recommend to choose glassgow university over cranfield, aston and kent for msc finance and management?
brokestudent3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ohh.. I see.. Would you recommend to choose glassgow university over cranfield, aston and kent for msc finance and management?
according to The Complete University Guide, glasgow ranks first for accounting and finance in the UK so yes! glasgow overall is just a really well respected university and a russell group so no matter what degree you do there it’ll look good, plus the city’s nice but i’m a bit biased as i live there
Aryaa Rai
Rep:
?
according to The Complete University Guide, glasgow ranks first for accounting and finance in the UK so yes! glasgow overall is just a really well respected university and a russell group so no matter what degree you do there it’ll look good, plus the city’s nice but i’m a bit biased as i live there
Its actually good to hear from a local. Thanks
checsm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its actually good to hear from a local. Thanks
although i've not much knowledge of which course is better, i do know for certain that Glasgow is much more respected as a university as a whole than Cranfield is
Aryaa Rai
Rep:
?
(Original post by checsm)
although i've not much knowledge of which course is better, i do know for certain that Glasgow is much more respected as a university as a whole than Cranfield is
What are your views on aston and kent? I have read that though aston has less reputation as compared but their connection with businesses and industries are quite well.
checsm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are your views on aston and kent? I have read that though aston has less reputation as compared but their connection with businesses and industries are quite well.
so i don't know if you know, so i'll say anyway:

in the UK, there is a collection of 24 universities called "The Russell Group" - these are generally considered the most prestigious: https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/

as you can see, aston and kent do not feature, but glasgow does.

understandably, you might want to go to an English university; however, Glasgow is very much respected by English, not just Scots.

basically, i would strongly suggest going to Glasgow, since none of the other universities you have mentioned are Russell Group.

i don't mean to cause offence, but i have never heard of aston or kent before, and you'll find quite a few people won't know about these either - BUT everyone knows what Glasgow is, and knows it's a good university.
Aryaa Rai
Rep:
?
(Original post by checsm)
so i don't know if you know, so i'll say anyway:

in the UK, there is a collection of 24 universities called "The Russell Group" - these are generally considered the most prestigious: https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/

as you can see, aston and kent do not feature, but glasgow does.

understandably, you might want to go to an English university; however, Glasgow is very much respected by English, not just Scots.

basically, i would strongly suggest going to Glasgow, since none of the other universities you have mentioned are Russell Group.

i don't mean to cause offence, but i have never heard of aston or kent before, and you'll find quite a few people won't know about these either - BUT everyone knows what Glasgow is, and knows it's a good university.
Thank you so much. That cleared my doubts
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much. That cleared my doubts
I'll be straight with you, no amount of accreditation and ranking can make a university any better. Generally speaking, all universities are the same - you're only paying extra on the uni name. I would recommend you personally check out your courses and their topics. See which aligns with you best in terms of what you want in the future (most likely job prospects and knowledgable).
Greens123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have been offered the course of Msc. Finance and management from cranfield university but now I am confused if I should also consider cheaper universities as well. I was thinking to apply for Glasgow university as they have Adam Smith scholarships. My other choices were lancaster, loughborough, aston and kent.

Any guidance or suggestion would be helpful
I have received offers from Adam Smith - University of Glasgow and Cranfield School of Management. Both are triple accredited. So, in a similar dilemma!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads