Sylvia_Guzman23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My course deals with political ecology, environmental politics. I have to write a dissertation next year.

My theme as of now is on Amazon Rainforest.

But how can I link it to political ecology? Can you give tips on how I can link amazon to political ecology?
Advertisement
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sylvia_Guzman23)
My course deals with political ecology, environmental politics. I have to write a dissertation next year.

My theme as of now is on Amazon Rainforest.

But how can I link it to political ecology? Can you give tips on how I can link amazon to political ecology?
An obvious field of research would be the politics around the role of indigenous peoples in the defence of the rainforest. Several governments in the area have a long, and mostly ignominious, history of genocidal policies, aimed at enabling logging, farming and mining/oil companies to clear and exploit rainforest lands. The current government of Bolsanaro has been especially aggressive, but you could also explore the role of governments and corporations based in other countries in the whole ecocidal business. Here's a link that might prompt some further thoughts https://www.ecowatch.com/indigenous-...1#rebelltitem1
ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are too many things to talk about it. You could give a nice introduction referring the Amazon rainforest as the largest tropical forest in the world, its geographic magnitude, the biodiversity which constitute nearly 40% of South America.You could mention the social-demographic problem involving the Ribeirinha community, the indigenous people and the farmers. The impact of large scale deforestation, mining activity and cattle ranching due to the global demand. The impact of wildfires to our planet.... Amazon rainforest has always been exploited through the years, however this problems has been severely sharpened to nearly obliteration in recent years.
Well, just some food for thought there. You'll find a lot of information online, just read as much as you can. I find this article a good starting point. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...worlds-oxygen/
So good luck!
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads