sophiebeebe10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm in my last year of A levels and am applying to uni soon I've been thinking about primary teaching for a long time and just wanted some opinions of people taking the degree or are on placements.
Aarif.NU
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sophiebeebe10)
Hi, I'm in my last year of A levels and am applying to uni soon I've been thinking about primary teaching for a long time and just wanted some opinions of people taking the degree or are on placements.
Hi sophiebeebe10,
Good luck with applying to universities! I'm currently a PGCE student (Primary, 3-7) years old, taking the PGCE route.
In my opinion, my course is going really well. Not on placement just yet because of the pandemic but I do look forward to starting it soon.
sophiebeebe10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aarif.NU)
Hi sophiebeebe10,
Good luck with applying to universities! I'm currently a PGCE student (Primary, 3-7) years old, taking the PGCE route.
In my opinion, my course is going really well. Not on placement just yet because of the pandemic but I do look forward to starting it soon.
Hi Aarif.NU, thank you for replying! how do you find the workload for the PGCE?
Aarif.NU
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The workload personally for me is okay (currently), I am prepared for my workload to change when I start my placement, the morning starts and finishing in the evening. But, I believe going through such a schedule will only prepare me for when I become a teacher. In regards to assignments, there has been continuous support for me from writing at a university standard level to being comfortable to ask teachers questions.
amberrose13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm on placement right now for PGCE 3-11 (in the final weeks of my first placement) and, honestly, the workload's not been too bad. Definitely had times when I've felt overwhelmed but I expect it to be a lot worse on my next placement, though, as the expectations go up a lot.

Some people are absolutely snowed under though- it depends how many kids you have (I only have 18), the school's marking policy (mine is very light, especially with Covid- we want to minimise the touching of books by adults) and how much the teacher supports you (in my case, a lot, because she's great). It really does depend.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck
sophiebeebe10
Rep:
?
(Original post by amberrose13)
I'm on placement right now for PGCE 3-11 (in the final weeks of my first placement) and, honestly, the workload's not been too bad. Definitely had times when I've felt overwhelmed but I expect it to be a lot worse on my next placement, though, as the expectations go up a lot.

Some people are absolutely snowed under though- it depends how many kids you have (I only have 18), the school's marking policy (mine is very light, especially with Covid- we want to minimise the touching of books by adults) and how much the teacher supports you (in my case, a lot, because she's great). It really does depend
Thank you!
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi sophiebeebe10

You may find the life of a teacher stories useful on the website click here to view them. If you would like the support of a fully qualified teacher who is expert in the application process for a teacher training course, from helping you develop relevant skills for the classroom, to choose the best provider for you, and submit the strongest application and perform well at interview, register here. Or you can call 0800 389 250 or register on the Getintoteaching website.
Hope this helps
Olivia
sophiebeebe10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Hi sophiebeebe10

You may find the life of a teacher stories useful on the website click here to view them. If you would like the support of a fully qualified teacher who is expert in the application process for a teacher training course, from helping you develop relevant skills for the classroom, to choose the best provider for you, and submit the strongest application and perform well at interview, register here. Or you can call 0800 389 250 or register on the Getintoteaching website.
Hope this helps
Olivia
Thank you, I'll have a look!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You may wish to observe a lesson first.
Bishop Grosseteste University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

Getting some school experience will definitely help you decide, but speaking from experience it is an excellent career to consider!

We currently offer a BA in Primary Education which after three years you will be recommended for QTS.

You can read more about this degree here.

Let us know if you've got any further questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads