How much of my engineering degree will i be expected to remember

Watch
aster56
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello guys,

I'm wondering how much of my engineering degree an employer might expect me to remember.
I'm not saying I have forgotten everything I have studied, I just notice that as I move on to study new things, some aspects of my degree from earlier years have almost been forgotten. Outside of Mathematics many of my earlier modules feel this way.

I'm worried that if I get a job the employer might expect something of me which I can not remember!

I guess , what to expect when starting a job is also a relevant answer.

Thank you
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aster56)
Hello guys,

I'm wondering how much of my engineering degree an employer might expect me to remember.
I'm not saying I have forgotten everything I have studied, I just notice that as I move on to study new things, some aspects of my degree from earlier years have almost been forgotten. Outside of Mathematics many of my earlier modules feel this way.

I'm worried that if I get a job the employer might expect something of me which I can not remember!

I guess , what to expect when starting a job is also a relevant answer.

Thank you
There is no single answer to this as it depends entirely on the job and what it entails. A great many jobs are based largely or almost entirely on material and principles not really taught at university anyway.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the more technical the role is the more you need to remember. GSK chemical engineering role asked me about considerations for designing a distillation column and I said I don't remember
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A few years after graduating, I discussed this with a group of friends - primarily Mech or Elec Eng. We all agreed we'd used less than 5% of our degree but that which bit we used varied. If you've understood it once it's not that hard cramming on it to get back to where you were.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (416)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (320)
43.48%

Watched Threads