nathanbarcio
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My application was sent off on the 10th November, applying for Journalism, only recieved one interview and no offers yet... any help/advice?
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nathanbarcio)
My application was sent off on the 10th November, applying for Journalism, only recieved one interview and no offers yet... any help/advice?
Hi nathanbarcio,

My main advice is not to worry at this stage - it can take a while for applications to be processed, different universities will be working at different speeds/capacities at the moment (with most Recruitment & Admissions teams still working from home).

Obviously with the current situation, universities have had to change up their usual face to face interviews - I know we've been working hard to ensure we put a robust and fair replacement in place, so its taking us a little longer to get started with "meeting" applicants - I'm sure this is the case for many other institutions too.

If you pop in this thread where you have applied to, Reps from those universities might be able to offer some more specific advice too.

Good luck with your application!

Alison
University of Salford
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nathanbarcio)
Hey nathanbarcio ! Just to echo the support from University of Salford here- don't panic! Every course and every university will be doing things at different paces. Some may have started to process offers and others may be waiting until after the 15th January deadline. The key thing to remember is that until you hear otherwise, you are still being considered :yep:

There's no definite timeline on when you should hear back, but most institutions will get their offers out by March at the latest. It can be much quicker than this (and certainly this year I think most universities will want to get offers out sooner rather than later), so it's just a waiting game really!

I know this can feel really stressful, but in the meantime I'd suggest start prepping for your interview When and what your offers will be are now out of your control- but your interview is not. Doing lots of prep for it will keep your passion for your chosen degree up and keep your head in the game when it comes to being ready for starting next year.

Best of luck! You'll do absolutely brilliantly.
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
nathanbarcio
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey nathanbarcio ! Just to echo the support from University of Salford here- don't panic! Every course and every university will be doing things at different paces. Some may have started to process offers and others may be waiting until after the 15th January deadline. The key thing to remember is that until you hear otherwise, you are still being considered :yep:

There's no definite timeline on when you should hear back, but most institutions will get their offers out by March at the latest. It can be much quicker than this (and certainly this year I think most universities will want to get offers out sooner rather than later), so it's just a waiting game really!

I know this can feel really stressful, but in the meantime I'd suggest start prepping for your interview When and what your offers will be are now out of your control- but your interview is not. Doing lots of prep for it will keep your passion for your chosen degree up and keep your head in the game when it comes to being ready for starting next year.

Best of luck! You'll do absolutely brilliantly.
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Thanks you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads