2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a Samsung Galaxy A01. The power button works, but only about 30% of the time. I used to wipe it with wet tissue paper lathered in a small amount of soap, probably once a day due to OCD symptoms.

Is there any decent way to fix this without having to open it up? I'd rather not tell my parents that I already have an issue after almost 3 months of having it.
2003a39
Rep:
?
Bump
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean the only fix I can think of is try rice if you have water in it, but you may have to get someone to open it up if that fails.

is it bothering you the button not working proper?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can't think of a way or sorting it out properly that doesn't involve opening it up tbh... might dry out and get better by itself if you stop slathering it with any more soap and water

but stop using liquid soap and water based solutions to clean your buttons - use alcohol wipes or something like that instead. you've only got to kill the germs on the part of the button that you touch with your fingers.
2003a39
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joinedup)
Can't think of a way or sorting it out properly that doesn't involve opening it up tbh... might dry out and get better by itself if you stop slathering it with any more soap and water

but stop using liquid soap and water based solutions to clean your buttons - use alcohol wipes or something like that instead. you've only got to kill the germs on the part of the button that you touch with your fingers.
Yeah, I've stopped with the soap and water. I do have alcohol wipes, just keep forgetting that it's there. If the problem gets worse, I guess I have to open it up...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads