maryam2oo3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have recently been accepted for tax in PwC to start in their apprenticeship in 2021. I was wondering if anyone here (who also got into PwC via an apprenticeship) would be able to give me advice and answer a few questions about starting there?
Euapp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by maryam2oo3)
I have recently been accepted for tax in PwC to start in their apprenticeship in 2021. I was wondering if anyone here (who also got into PwC via an apprenticeship) would be able to give me advice and answer a few questions about starting there?
Don't worry! All the big accountancy firms take on hundreds of graduates or apprentices. They have internal training courses that are really well organised and you'll quickly find your feet. Be prepared for long days and lots of out of hours work. The quantity of information to learn is huge compared to A levels even if it's not very complicated, so just keep on working through the question banks and you'll be fine.
maryam2oo3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Euapp)
Don't worry! All the big accountancy firms take on hundreds of graduates or apprentices. They have internal training courses that are really well organised and you'll quickly find your feet. Be prepared for long days and lots of out of hours work. The quantity of information to learn is huge compared to A levels even if it's not very complicated, so just keep on working through the question banks and you'll be fine.
thank you!!! i am very nervous but its good to hear theres loads more in the same boat as me
Zoo-Eee-Mama
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congratulations! This is awesome news I'm so happy for you. I'm currently in the application process for PWC, I am on the second stage which is super scary. I read there are 10 video responses I need to stick to their values when answering them and hopefully everything goes smoothly. Any tips on how you tackled the stages?
maryam2oo3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Zoo-Eee-Mama)
Congratulations! This is awesome news I'm so happy for you. I'm currently in the application process for PWC, I am on the second stage which is super scary. I read there are 10 video responses I need to stick to their values when answering them and hopefully everything goes smoothly. Any tips on how you tackled the stages?
I did mine last year so I dont remember much but ill deffo say that give specific answers I remember them telling my answers were too general. U dont get a lot of time so absolutely dont waffle, keep a note book handy to make notes ans give ur opinions on things ans not what u the think rhe best answer is. As long as u come forward as passionate for working at pwc and are well educated on the company you'll be fine
LunarJelly11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maryam2oo3)
I'm in a very similar situation, my recruiter has asked a current employee to answer a few questions for me so that may be a possibility for you. They've also got an event coming up which should have been emailed to you. All the best.
LunarJelly11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Watermelon_18)
Hey, I've also been accepted onto PWCs tax school leavers programme for the 2021 start. I see you mentioned that you are able to ask questions to a current employee and that there is an event coming up, I haven't gotten this email and was wondering if it's for everyone or just some?πŸ™‚
Hello, I presume there's more than one virtual event depending on when you're accepted, contact your recruiter? I participated in one last week.
amylink77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
hey all! can anyone give me advice on the partner interviews - im applying for legal entity governance and compliance within the legal sector
amylink77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Hi all! I have my PwC partner interview coming up. Im really anxious and could do with some advice please! I've applied for legal entity governance and compliance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (67)
11.96%
Virtual campus tours/open days (137)
24.46%
Live streaming events (48)
8.57%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (53)
9.46%
A uni comparison tool (130)
23.21%
An in-person event when available (125)
22.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise