The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied Science Unit 7: Contemporary Issues In Science [Jan Set Task Discussion]

Hi guys :wavey:

I thought it would be useful to set up a place for everyone taking Applied Science who is also taking the Unit 7 Set Task in January 2021. Part A of this task is set to be released on the 7th December 2020.

You can use this space to chat about the task, support each other and prepare for part B in January.
Please remember to keep all discussions to supportive only, and to make sure this support doesn't go over into the realm of cheating.

If there is anything TSR can do to help you guys prepare please feel free to ask

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Thank you .So how's everyone preparing for it .
Reply 2
looking at examiner reports and using sample assessments to practice. and using videos on youtube too. wbu?
Original post by RP45
looking at examiner reports and using sample assessments to practice. and using videos on youtube too. wbu?

Same but you know my teacher said we can come home and do further research on individuals /organisations mentioned in the articles but as we are not allowed to take the notes hone how are we supposed to remember all the names and research them ?
Reply 4
Original post by CrystalRose17
Same but you know my teacher said we can come home and do further research on individuals /organisations mentioned in the articles but as we are not allowed to take the notes hone how are we supposed to remember all the names and research them ?

Yeh true how?! I heard that too. On YouTube videos that I’ve found they don’t that but i noticed there links to articles online. Like maybe we can access them from home and just make notes then transfer to the plans when we get into the exam? Not sure if that is allowed. I’m going to ask my teacher that.
My in class supervised Notes for Part B is this Friday and next Monday. I say everyone help each other out and share notes guys
Hey, what’s everyone’s opinion on the articles?
Original post by Ella Green
Hey, what’s everyone’s opinion on the articles?

They have the same topic but different perspectives like in the first one its shows how we are recycling but at the same time not in the second article how we can actually find solutions for this problem and in the 3rd one (which I found the most hard to analyse ) is how most of our plastic where actually comes from and how is dealt like what are the downcast because of what we are in the situation we are today and what development can be made to improve it .

That's only my individual short view ☺️if anyone else can share their view as well I think it would be helpful to see it from different perspectives .
Original post by user12345556665
my in class supervised notes for part b is this friday and next monday. I say everyone help each other out and share notes guys

how was the articles ??
What are any some ethical and social issues you identified please
Original post by user12345556665
My in class supervised Notes for Part B is this Friday and next Monday. I say everyone help each other out and share notes guys

That's classed as cheating, so no.
Hey, my exam had been postponed. Is everyone in the same boat?

Which exam and which year please? Ours is going ahead
Original post by young.one
Which exam and which year please? Ours is going ahead

Unit 7 exam, year 2 applied science.
I’m wondering for question 1, how many issues to talk about??

Mine as well

Mine was β€œsuspended” not sure if postponed. Did you receive a date?
Original post by Jesse657
Mine was β€œsuspended” not sure if postponed. Did you receive a date?

Oh right and no, no date as of yet. The information I have been given is that we might be doing the unit 7 exam in June when the re-sits for the unit 7 exam usually take place.
Oh right and no, no date as of yet. The information I have been given is that we might be doing the unit 7 exam in June when the re-sits for the unit 7 exam usually take place.

That sounds good! What about unit 5? I hope the examinations will still take place as I don’t really trust having predicted grades set as results
Original post by Jesse657
That sounds good! What about unit 5? I hope the examinations will still take place as I don’t really trust having predicted grades set as results

We’ve been told that unit 5 is going to go ahead as planned unless we hear any different, but by the way things are looking I doubt the exam will be as it usually is.
I trust the predicted grades if they are the same as the assignments I have submitted before like I was awarded for units 1 and 3. Why do you not trust the predicted grades?
Have you applied to uni?

Quick Reply