yoonsdion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my predicated grades are DDM but the entry requirements are DDD. I have consulted my teacher and she said that although she knows I’m capable of achieving DDD, she can’t go any higher than that. My teachers have said that my personal statement was amazing but I’m worried that me being one grade off will ruin my chances of getting into university. I also qualify for a contextual offer so I’m hoping the universities take that into consideration. Has anyone gotten into uni despite being one grade off the entry requirements?
Last edited by yoonsdion; 1 month ago
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yoonsdion)
my predicated grades are DDM but the entry requirements are DDD. I have consulted my teacher and she said that although she knows I’m capable of achieved DDD, she can’t go any higher than that. My teachers have said that my personal statement was amazing but I’m worried that me being one grade off will ruin my chances of getting into university. I also qualify for a contextual offer so I’m hoping the universities take that into consideration. Has anyone gotten into uni despite being one grade off the entry requirements?
Hey yoonsdion - it sounds like your application is heading along the right lines so don't panic! I'd say if you're looking at courses asking for DDD - you can apply to these but also look for at least 2 back up options which are asking for DMM/DDM so that you have options just incase things don't go to plan. It sounds like your teachers really support your application too so go for it! Just be ready to continue working hard to meet your conditions

What courses are you applying for and where? I'd also recommend getting in touch with the admissions teams at your chosen unis- they know their courses and requirements best and will be able to provide some reassurance and advice :^_^:

Best of luck,
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
yoonsdion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey yoonsdion - it sounds like your application is heading along the right lines so don't panic! I'd say if you're looking at courses asking for DDD - you can apply to these but also look for at least 2 back up options which are asking for DMM/DDM so that you have options just incase things don't go to plan. It sounds like your teachers really support your application too so go for it! Just be ready to continue working hard to meet your conditions

What courses are you applying for and where? I'd also recommend getting in touch with the admissions teams at your chosen unis- they know their courses and requirements best and will be able to provide some reassurance and advice :^_^:

Best of luck,
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
i’m applying to study speech and language therapy at birmingham city university, essex, de montfort university, sheffield university and manchester metropolitan i will follow your advice and contact the universities, thanks for the help!!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yoonsdion)
my predicated grades are DDM but the entry requirements are DDD. I have consulted my teacher and she said that although she knows I’m capable of achieving DDD, she can’t go any higher than that. My teachers have said that my personal statement was amazing but I’m worried that me being one grade off will ruin my chances of getting into university. I also qualify for a contextual offer so I’m hoping the universities take that into consideration. Has anyone gotten into uni despite being one grade off the entry requirements?
What grades are the contextual offer?
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi yoonsdion,

I would always encourage anyone to have one or two ambitious choices, but be mindful that if you get an offer you'll likely be expected to reach DDD on results day. As University of Strathclyde has already said (hey Caitlin!), it's a good idea to have some other options too

You can read more about our course at Sheffield in our online prospectus, including entry requirements. We also have the Access Sheffield scheme, which depending on your personal circumstances means we can give additional consideration to your application when we review it. You can find out more about Access Sheffield here.

Let me know if you have any further questions about studying at Sheffield - I studied both my undergraduate and master's degrees here

-Ben
Sheffield Graduate
BSc Molecular Biology (2016-19)
MSc Human and Molecular Genetics (2019-20)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads