How do I ideal with my narcissistic brother ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
He is very mentally abusive.

He makes me clean up all of his rubbish and plates/drinks, because he knows I don't like to put extra stress on my parents therefore I do it so they don't have to. He smacks me on my bum (we're both male) when I clean up his plates at the sink so my parents don't have to and he makes remarks like, "you enjoying washing that ? "

The night before my real exams I forgot to charge my laptop, so I ran down stairs in my boxers, and it was about 1 in the morning. He was still down there and started taking photos of me and threatening to send it to people in my year. Then he played the TV loud enough to keep me awake whilst everyone was in a deep sleep. He said when I was doing my GCSEs near enough everyday that I would be a failure in life if I didn't get straight A*s.

Today both of my parents were out but he was at home with me. All day he has been saying how he will earn more than me as a gas engineer after years of fun and partying (he is on a post 16 apprenticeship at 20...) even though I have sacrificed the last 4 years to studying.

About an hour ago I went to the toilet and I was about to use the toilet. To my surprise, his poo was blocked down the toilet. Any decent human being would unblock their OWN sh*t with a plunger. No , not him. He left it in there, spat a load of phlegm on it, and left it for me to clean up. I demanded he cleaned it up, and he poked it with the plunger. The plunger broke, and the brush's head was now also in the toilet. He ran down stairs to speak to his girlfriend leaving me with the mess.

I *said* I sent a recording of me having to clean it up to his girlfriend (I didn't- I just said this for black mail) , and wont delete it until he cleans it up. At this point, he started ripping up my school work, and got me up the fall threatening to beat the f*ck out of me and knock me out if I didn't delete it within the next 20 seconds.

In the end , I refused to clean it up and begged my parents to not do it. But my dad had to do it in the end.

He is honestly getting terrible, and the worst thing is, he can act perfectly normal, kind, humble etc, to any person you see on the street, but he is becoming a monster to me.

What do I do ?
northener_3006
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya, It sounds like you must be going through a lot! I have a slightly similar experience but nothing as drastic as this. It sounds like you just want to do your own thing without putting any stress/pressure on your parents which is a really nice thing to do. Obviously I don’t know you or your brother and whilst people can change, they usually have to see how bad they are first and they themselves have to want to change and wanting to change properly only come with age. I don’t suppose you’re nearly old enough to move out or go uni or anything? It sounds like you and your brother just need a bit of space and maybe when you’re older and changed a bit you’ll become better siblings. Sorry I couldn’t really help, I hope things get better for you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by northener_3006)
Hiya, It sounds like you must be going through a lot! I have a slightly similar experience but nothing as drastic as this. It sounds like you just want to do your own thing without putting any stress/pressure on your parents which is a really nice thing to do. Obviously I don’t know you or your brother and whilst people can change, they usually have to see how bad they are first and they themselves have to want to change and wanting to change properly only come with age. I don’t suppose you’re nearly old enough to move out or go uni or anything? It sounds like you and your brother just need a bit of space and maybe when you’re older and changed a bit you’ll become better siblings. Sorry I couldn’t really help, I hope things get better for you
Thank you !! I do hope so too. I hope he realised how he is acting.
northener_3006
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you !! I do hope so too. I hope he realised how he is acting.
It’s alright. It must be really frustrating for you but realisations like this happen with time or a change of scene so maybe when you both grow up and move out, time apart will do you good. It could be that he doesn’t realise how much pain he’s causing you and deep down he doesn’t want to hurt you. Just try not to take it to heart
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed