Met Police DHEP Recruitment

Watch this thread
username5483314
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

Thank you.
Last edited by username5483314; 1 year ago
kt781
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I did both my assessment centres in January 2020 and passed my vetting in April 2020 and was in the original pool of PC applicants transferred onto the DHEP route.I received an email a few weeks ago (in my spam inbox) saying that they are not starting PC DHEP recruitment until April but that they were confident that it would be April. I also spoke to someone from the recruitment company in October and he said that it would realistically probably take a few months from when they contact you with a start date to you actually starting due to paperwork, payroll etc. because of the amount of people joining. I hope you did get that email but it looks like it’s going to be April/May at the earliest!
username5483314
Rep:
(Original post by kt781)
Hi, I did both my assessment centres in January 2020 and passed my vetting in April 2020 and was in the original pool of PC applicants transferred onto the DHEP route.I received an email a few weeks ago (in my spam inbox) saying that they are not starting PC DHEP recruitment until April but that they were confident that it would be April. I also spoke to someone from the recruitment company in October and he said that it would realistically probably take a few months from when they contact you with a start date to you actually starting due to paperwork, payroll etc. because of the amount of people joining. I hope you did get that email but it looks like it’s going to be April/May at the earliest!
I did get that email and it appears an April start onwards will be the case. The email also did say someone should contact us over the coming weeks but no contact yet.

I’ve seen on another thread that DC-DHEP intakes have begun and start dates have been handed out.
skaka
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I've applied for the detective graduate entry and did my online assessment 3 weeks ago.

Haven't had my results yet others I've seen who did the assessment few days earlier got their results within 10 working days.

Any ideas on the average waiting times for results??
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
We aren't recruiting as quickly because of Covid right now. Standard entry officers will likely be delayed until 05/20 and I imagine direct entry routes are similar. Use the time for learning your legislation if you can.
username5483314
Rep:
(Original post by Neenaw weewoo)
We aren't recruiting as quickly because of Covid right now. Standard entry officers will likely be delayed until 05/20 and I imagine direct entry routes are similar. Use the time for learning your legislation if you can.
Makes sense.
Cheers for the advice.
username5654168
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I do wonder if April is still happening. The radio silence is getting a bit unnerving. I passed back in 2019 and was due to start in Sep, for obvious reasons that did not happen.

It would be great to hear if anyone has had the call as of yet.
Last edited by username5654168; 1 year ago
Dolph12276
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It is still happening. There’re PC DHEP applicants who’ve received start dates this month through to May.
username5654168
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That is good news. Will continue to wait in anticipation. Have been queued to start since last March.
Dolph12276
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You should check out Reddit, there’s an actual forum for police officers on there with factual information that you will find useful.
Wakadhdhcy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone else still heard nothing regarding start dates for this route or is it just me?
Last edited by Wakadhdhcy; 1 year ago
username5654168
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wakadhdhcy)
Has anyone else still heard nothing regarding start dates for this route or is it just me?
Still radio silence here mate. Been queued since last March was supposed to start last September. Now waiting. I will let you know once I get a date if that helps.
Wakadhdhcy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sr456)
Still radio silence here mate. Been queued since last March was supposed to start last September. Now waiting. I will let you know once I get a date if that helps.
Yeah that would be helpful thanks. When did you originally apply?
Last edited by Wakadhdhcy; 1 year ago
username5654168
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
March of 2019
Dolph12276
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Still silence for me for Met PC-DHEP.

I’ve seen them hand out start dates for IPLDP in June and July.

Currently undergoing second vetting - 14th week now waiting .
username5654168
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dolph12276)
Still silence for me for Met PC-DHEP.

I’ve seen them hand out start dates for IPLDP in June and July.

Currently undergoing second vetting - 14th week now waiting .
Yes. it is all a bit frustrating. I have been set to go since last March (over 13 months now) with nothing but radio silence. Went through a renewed vetting back in Jan. Will let you know if I hear anything as at least you will know the program is still alive.
AMA_
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Everything passed is showing on the website vetting included just seems like a waiting game. I was told before they didn’t start recruitment in April and it got cancelled due to restrictions and were waiting till may for it most likely I should expect June but they don’t know exactly what as they are not the offers team. Was told to sit and wait annoying I can’t plan my life whilst I keep waiting
Wakadhdhcy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AMA_)
Everything passed is showing on the website vetting included just seems like a waiting game. I was told before they didn’t start recruitment in April and it got cancelled due to restrictions and were waiting till may for it most likely I should expect June but they don’t know exactly what as they are not the offers team. Was told to sit and wait annoying I can’t plan my life whilst I keep waiting
When did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?
username5654168
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wakadhdhcy)
When did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?
I think around July / August 2019
Dolph12276
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don’t think we will start (if we start) until July or September and by that time who knows what will happen. We can sit and wait around and be positive or we can take action into our own hands and start looking at other careers. I’m not going to sit around waiting for a job we should’ve started 8/9 months ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
41.79%
The paper was reasonable (279)
41.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (61)
9.1%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.46%

Watched Threads