JSen89
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I am starting this thread for all Met Police PC-DHEP candidates for advice and latest updates. I would like to point out there is another great on this website for DC-DHEP candidates that provides the latest discussion for candidates and their situation.

Any feedback and updates will be truly appreciated by all PC-DHEP candidates.

I will start by introducing myself:

I initially applied in 2018 on the previous application system. I was then transferred onto the DHEP intakes originally for September 2020. I have passed my Day 1 assessment and my medical in 2019, and my vetting in June 2020. I am currently waiting for a start date.

The latest information I was given by SSCL (the recruiters for Met Police) and was told that they are yet to receive the November update from the Met and will give an update as soon as they are told.

Aforementioned, any updates would be truly appreciated.

Thank you.
kt781
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I did both my assessment centres in January 2020 and passed my vetting in April 2020 and was in the original pool of PC applicants transferred onto the DHEP route.I received an email a few weeks ago (in my spam inbox) saying that they are not starting PC DHEP recruitment until April but that they were confident that it would be April. I also spoke to someone from the recruitment company in October and he said that it would realistically probably take a few months from when they contact you with a start date to you actually starting due to paperwork, payroll etc. because of the amount of people joining. I hope you did get that email but it looks like it’s going to be April/May at the earliest!
JSen89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kt781)
Hi, I did both my assessment centres in January 2020 and passed my vetting in April 2020 and was in the original pool of PC applicants transferred onto the DHEP route.I received an email a few weeks ago (in my spam inbox) saying that they are not starting PC DHEP recruitment until April but that they were confident that it would be April. I also spoke to someone from the recruitment company in October and he said that it would realistically probably take a few months from when they contact you with a start date to you actually starting due to paperwork, payroll etc. because of the amount of people joining. I hope you did get that email but it looks like it’s going to be April/May at the earliest!
I did get that email and it appears an April start onwards will be the case. The email also did say someone should contact us over the coming weeks but no contact yet.

I’ve seen on another thread that DC-DHEP intakes have begun and start dates have been handed out.
skaka
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello, I've applied for the detective graduate entry and did my online assessment 3 weeks ago.

Haven't had my results yet others I've seen who did the assessment few days earlier got their results within 10 working days.

Any ideas on the average waiting times for results??
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We aren't recruiting as quickly because of Covid right now. Standard entry officers will likely be delayed until 05/20 and I imagine direct entry routes are similar. Use the time for learning your legislation if you can.
JSen89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Neenaw weewoo)
We aren't recruiting as quickly because of Covid right now. Standard entry officers will likely be delayed until 05/20 and I imagine direct entry routes are similar. Use the time for learning your legislation if you can.
Makes sense.
Cheers for the advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads