History of Art Applicants 2021-22 Postgraduate

Watch
spintoretto
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by worth_a_try)
I’ve been passed over for both my first and second options and heard from them separately, a few days in between- still waiting to hear back from my final option
Good luck!! Which option is your third?
chriswelt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got accepted to Cambridge's PhD program. Thrilled but at the same time super anxious about the funding situation. I'm an international student, so if there's no adequate amount of funding (or none at all), I might have to give it up. Just wondering if you guys think it's worth taking out a loan?
Mitskilover1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Been rejected to both choices at courtauld, was told its because i havent done enough independent research into the subject (because that’s so easy with no libraries open and doing an online degree!) gonna try and sweet talk them in the summer once i’ve graduated or will leave it another year. Also i’m a current courtauld BA and it will definitely be at Vernon Square all year
worth_a_try
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mitskilover1999)
Been rejected to both choices at courtauld, was told its because i havent done enough independent research into the subject (because that’s so easy with no libraries open and doing an online degree!) gonna try and sweet talk them in the summer once i’ve graduated or will leave it another year. Also i’m a current courtauld BA and it will definitely be at Vernon Square all year
Sorry to hear that! IMO the word limit on the Courtauld personal statements isn’t nearly enough to prove yourself, especially if you’re not coming from a History of Art background, how are you supposed talk about skills and independent research, reasons for choosing the Courtauld, reasons for choosing the special option as well as everything else in 500(?) words
Mitskilover1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to hear that! IMO the word limit on the Courtauld personal statements isn’t nearly enough to prove yourself, especially if you’re not coming from a History of Art background, how are you supposed talk about skills and independent research, reasons for choosing the Courtauld, reasons for choosing the special option as well as everything else in 500(?) words
Also the cohort this year is full of redundancies from the major galleries we saw last summer - its hard as a current BA to compete against graduates with 5+ years experience
spintoretto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mitskilover1999)
That’s really disappointing. What options had you gone for? Any chance you’ll be in clearing?
Artstudent23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm waiting for that one too, it was my second choice but i got rejected from my first choice aaaaaages ago so not sure why collecting/curating the modern is taking so long!
Suriishappy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chriswelt)
Just got accepted to Cambridge's PhD program. Thrilled but at the same time super anxious about the funding situation. I'm an international student, so if there's no adequate amount of funding (or none at all), I might have to give it up. Just wondering if you guys think it's worth taking out a loan?
Hi! Congratulations! I've also applied to Cambridge's PhD program but I'm still waiting... would you mind telling me which supervisor you applied with please?
livmc2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've just received an offer from the Courtauld for my first choice, Bodies of Knowledge! Can't quite believe it! It's a conditional offer even though I already have my bachelor's degree, on the basis that I start learning Dutch prior to the start of the course, which was unexpected. Anyone else had languages as a requirement?

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! This is the third time I have applied to the Courtauld (waitlisted the first time, interview then rejected the second time) so never give up trying, I'm so glad I didn't!
wschumer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by livmc2020)
I've just received an offer from the Courtauld for my first choice, Bodies of Knowledge! Can't quite believe it! It's a conditional offer even though I already have my bachelor's degree, on the basis that I start learning Dutch prior to the start of the course, which was unexpected. Anyone else had languages as a requirement?

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! This is the third time I have applied to the Courtauld (waitlisted the first time, interview then rejected the second time) so never give up trying, I'm so glad I didn't!
Congratulations! That's my first choice as well. Haven't heard anything yet. Hope that isn't a bad sign. Just keep waiting...
livmc2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wschumer)
Congratulations! That's my first choice as well. Haven't heard anything yet. Hope that isn't a bad sign. Just keep waiting...
Thank you. Best of luck, I hope you hear back soon!
rosie2810
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by livmc2020)

Congrats!! I’ve been accepted for the Italian Renaissance course but my only conditions are the grades for my BA which I’m currently completing. They said knowledge of Italian is desirable but haven’t said anything about me having to learn it, but I’m planning on it anyway.
chriswelt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Suriishappy)
Hi! Congratulations! I've also applied to Cambridge's PhD program but I'm still waiting... would you mind telling me which supervisor you applied with please?
Thanks! The website doesn't allow me to DM you. But, I read somewhere else that your focus is on Italian Renaissance, so I don't think it's the same supervisor.
Best of luck, hope you hear back from them soon!
cah051
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ah2468)
Just received an offer from the Courtauld for Beyond Abstract Expressionism: American Origins, Global Afterlives! Crossing my fingers for you all : )
I also got an offer for Beyond Abstract Expressionism, hi!
Orangecat16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard back from UCL for their history of art MA? I applied end of Jan and still haven’t heard anything! I’m anxiously waiting to hear back because another school has stated I need to decide on their offer by March 25.
Last edited by Orangecat16; 1 month ago
Studying247
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ah2468)
Also, just wondering: is anyone else also waiting to hear back from Oxford? I realize we still have (probably at least) a month to go before decisions are out, and the wait is driving me nuts 🤢
Heyy, just to let you know there’s a couple of people in a dedicated oxford HoA thread as we should be hearing back in the next couple weeks and I get lost in larger threads haha

Should come up if you type ‘Oxford History of Art MSt’ in the TSR search
Last edited by Studying247; 1 month ago
ClaraG2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone! Firstly a huge congratulations to all of you who have successfully got a place, such a great achievement!! Well done! Unfortunately, I have only received rejections so far, but I am perceiving to apply to a few lesser known universities! I was wondering if anyone with a confirmed place would be willing to let me read their personal statement, I have had little help from my university and have struggled to find any good examples and I would just like to see what I should really be aspiring for! Thank you in advance
sadoatmilk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hello has anyone heard news from UCL?
worth_a_try
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 18.50.55.png
Views: 31
Size:  95.5 KB
Did anyone else get this email from the Courtauld? It ended up in my spam folder as the email address is misspelt?? It just said I hadn't been successful in getting into any special options through clearing, but i didn't even try applying for any other options after being rejected from all my initial three. Do they automatically consider you for other options then?
also has anyone heard anything from oxford yet, i'm honestly withering away checking my email every 3 seconds
Studying247
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 18.50.55.png
Views: 31
Size:  95.5 KB
Did anyone else get this email from the Courtauld? It ended up in my spam folder as the email address is misspelt?? It just said I hadn't been successful in getting into any special options through clearing, but i didn't even try applying for any other options after being rejected from all my initial three. Do they automatically consider you for other options then?
also has anyone heard anything from oxford yet, i'm honestly withering away checking my email every 3 seconds
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post94520562

Oxford HoA specific thread here ^ I contacted the admissions dept about verdicts today (as it was meant to be in the next few days at the latest) there’s been substantial delays as the admissions dept is (very nice) but also quite small and a significant rise in applicants - they said hopefully by the end of March, thus far, no one has heard at MSt level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.53%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.44%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.63%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.09%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3%
Taster lectures or seminars (79)
21.53%
Speak to current students studying my course (84)
22.89%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.36%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.54%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.18%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.18%

Watched Threads