The Student Room Group

Durham predicted grades HELP!

So I’m really really stressed out- I’ve applied for English at Durham and the entry requirements are A*AA and my predicted grades are AAA. I’ve already sent off my application weeks ago and stupidly only just realised that my predicted grades are lower. I really wanted to try and reapply after editing my predicted grades because I could get A*AA easily as my predicted grades but I know you can’t do this. What do I do? I’m desperate to go to Durham and I’ve really messed up here! :frown:((
Reply 1
You won't get accepted until you receive a rejection from Oxford or Cambridge, this is a requirement they are pretty strict on, unfortunately, best of luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Anumu
You won't get accepted until you receive a rejection from Oxford or Cambridge, this is a requirement they are pretty strict on, unfortunately, best of luck.

Haha, don’t worry I have that requirement. But does anyone know what I can do to fix this- if I contact UCAS or Durham and explain would they let me change my predicted grades?
Reply 3
Original post by h08756
Haha, don’t worry I have that requirement. But does anyone know what I can do to fix this- if I contact UCAS or Durham and explain would they let me change my predicted grades?

Surely you already know you cant contact a university and tell them to change your UCAS grades, in what world would that make any sense?
Reply 4
Original post by Anumu
Surely you already know you cant contact a university and tell them to change your UCAS grades, in what world would that make any sense?

https://www.ucas.com/file/231/download?token=wCOJE2U5 Look at number 6.
Reply 5

Yes, you realise that means if your teacher predicts you higher you can change your grade. Not that the universities will change it for you. They will simply allow your teacher to update their prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest