George192000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are the risks of me ending up with a 2.2 when I only need now 52% in my final year for a 2.1 ?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by George192000)
What are the risks of me ending up with a 2.2 when I only need now 52% in my final year for a 2.1 ?
It depends how much weighting each of your years has (e.g. Year 2 25% and Year 3 75%). Do you know why you aren't getting the marks you want?
George192000
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
It depends how much weighting each of your years has (e.g. Year 2 25% and Year 3 75%). Do you know why you aren't getting the marks you want?
10% yr 1 got 72.7
30% yr 2 got 72.1
60% yr 3
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well to get 50% is not a trivial task so you cant disregard work but clearly you are capable of achieving this.

Id say your eyes should be on a 1st not a 2.1
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a drink, work it out.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
10% yr 1 got 72.7
30% yr 2 got 72.1
60% yr 3
You're achieving on average a first for each year, so as long as you don't dip below 70, you're all set.
George192000
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Well to get 50% is not a trivial task so you cant disregard work but clearly you are capable of achieving this.

Id say your eyes should be on a 1st not a 2.1
But how much of a difference in terms of work do you consider that there is between 50% and 60% ? Let's say that a person spends 100 hours to get a 70%. How many hours would do the job to go for 50 or 60?
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But how much of a difference in terms of work do you consider that there is between 50% and 60% ? Let's say that a person spends 100 hours to get a 70%. How many hours would do the job to go for 50 or 60?
I have no idea it will depend on every assignment, and the aptitude of the student. Honestly I never targeted anything other then a strong 1st so can’t comment on what it’s like to put in a partial performance.

Why take your foot off the gas tho...
George192000
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
I have no idea it will depend on every assignment, and the aptitude of the student. Honestly I never targeted anything other then a strong 1st so can’t comment on what it’s like to put in a partial performance.

Why take your foot off the gas tho...
I'm still working for that first. But the idea of online exams still kind of scares me. Not to say that I have to do a research project this year so the level of independence is much higher than in the first and second year.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm still working for that first. But the idea of online exams still kind of scares me. Not to say that I have to do a research project this year so the level of independence is much higher than in the first and second year.
You’ll be fine, you have a track record. Just work hard and let the results speak for themselves
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads