****ed Up Internet! Watch

Start A RIOT!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I don't get this lol i put in the cable set up some weird network connections so technically im online but that kent thing finally popped up hours later but wouldn't 'register' me as apparently i was an already registered client arg! can anyone help cuz that manuals confusing, i followed all the steps and it didn't' bloody work:mad: :confused:
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't been able to connect through the wall so have been forced to use their ****** wireless instead.
Kalby
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you reconfigured your computer name and workgroup name?
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Edit
Start A RIOT!
Rep:
?
nope dunno i couldn't find it, im so lost atleast imonline somehow lol
Start A RIOT!
Rep:
?
okies shall i just do the wireless then? does it work the same like you can still catch up on lectures ect? tell me how lol
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, I just got sick of the process halfway through really and switched to wireless because that took seconds and there was no need to change anything. I'm just kind of lazy I suppose
Kalby
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish we had wireless in Tyler C this network cable just adds to the myriad of cables already on my desk!
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well yesterday the wireless was fine but today it is connecting and disconnecting every few seconds so maybe I should give the network cable another go.
General Mullet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This happened to me, i just kept reconnecting and refreshing and now it works fine
Death_To_The_Government
Report 10 years ago
Its annoying. For some reason it makes my notebook freeze down to something like one process per minute, every so often. (I think it is the anti virus software) And the actual connection sometimes goes really slow and that I have to wait 15 mins at least just to get connected. Grr... :shifty:

*is using wireless*
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm connected to both wired and wireless, so I figure that I can use wired at my desk and wireless if I want to lie on my bed and surf. Only problem being electricity...no plug socket near enough to my bed...oh well, battery it is.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine took ages to do too, the anti virus stuff we could download wouldn't update so it failed the validating process, then it kept saying update it...but you needed to be able to connect to the internet for that which it wouldn't!

I turned off my wireless and then..it did some stuff and it works now. Not sure why or how

We don't get wireless in Parkwood
Aspect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
Mine took ages to do too, the anti virus stuff we could download wouldn't update so it failed the validating process, then it kept saying update it...but you needed to be able to connect to the internet for that which it wouldn't!

I turned off my wireless and then..it did some stuff and it works now. Not sure why or how

We don't get wireless in Parkwood
I had the same problem - apparently it's because you still have some kind of other anti-virus somewhere in your system. I had to clear my whole hard drive anyway so that sorted that out!
Quartilla
Report 10 years ago
I'm not at Kent so Idk if I really have a say *is at CCCU*, but when I had comp problems (similar ones) I just went with my lappy to be library helpdesk and in 5 minutes it was fixed!
Missy67
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
I had similar issues, it said I didn't have anti-spyware even though I did. But I filled in a help form to the IT helpdesk and they sorted it out really quickly.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.49%
No (474)
60.85%
Not really bothered about them (161)
20.67%

Watched Threads