ChrisDeNiro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I am a EU resident, and I am planning on enrolling in an English undergraduate course.
I would like to have an understanding of what the courses are like throughout the uk, meaning what kind of modules/classes are generally to be found. Is there a big amount of literature as well, as part of the major?
Also any links to useful websites are appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look on the websites of the university. Email or call to find out more details too.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A degree in "English" in the UK is normally a degree in English literature specifically. Unless it is specifically a course in English as a second language, or called "English Language" (which often ends up being something of a course in applied linguistics and/or creative writing, with some exceptions), it will normally be a course more or less purely in literary analysis. Different courses will have different structures though, and for a subject like English (literature) there is potentially great variation among and within courses, since even in a given module you may have a fair bit of leeway in choosing what authors and texts you wish to write on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (207)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (154)
42.66%

Watched Threads