adamm1501
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey, im just wondering if i should choose a level German. I have seen that languages are hard but i am willing to put in the effort. My main question is if i do put in the work is it still possible to get a high grade or am i destined to fail? any tips for revising gcse German are helpful aswell.
lilianavpg
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by adamm1501)
Hey, im just wondering if i should choose a level German. I have seen that languages are hard but i am willing to put in the effort. My main question is if i do put in the work is it still possible to get a high grade or am i destined to fail? any tips for revising gcse German are helpful aswell.
Hey, are you currently studying Gcse german? If so I would suggest talking to your language teacher about if you should do it. I would also consider if you think a level german would help with what you plan in the future.
adamm1501
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hey yes im studding it at gcse and she is very optomistic and says i shouyld do it. I would love to work in Germany or with German industries as i love the culture and overall i have a keen interest in perusing it further
lilianavpg
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well I personally believe that you should do it 🙂
Starfish13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! If you put in a good amount of effort you can certainly get good grades. If you did well at gcse, it would be a good idea to take German. Try revising often using flash cards. You can use sites like quizlet and duolingo to help. You could , if possible and if needed, get a tutor as well
galaxytae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by adamm1501)
Hi, i hope i'm not too late with my advice.
I have just finished my A Levels last year studying French & German at A Level (as well as Sociology). I re-sat some of my exams during the autumn in October as i was not happy with what my language teachers predicted for me on the summer results day. I did end up getting my 3 B's .

In my experience, going from GCSE to 1st year of A level for languages was difficult at first, do not be discouraged about getting C's, D's even E's at first as at A Level the grade boundaries are a lot different compared to GCSE, this is normal. Literally everyone in my classes have experienced these grades at first. But as time went on it became increasingly easier !!
What is important is to make sure that you practice the new grammar points that are taught, and make sure you make learning the topic vocabulary a priority (there will be many topics taught in 1st & 2nd year) as this is key to helping you get better marks on the exam papers.

The advice i'd give you for GCSE German is similar, focus on knowing all of your vocabulary from the topics taught, as this is very helpful in the listening & reading papers. Practice your listening skills by listening to some german music & look up the lyrics, also using a website called DeutschWelle is very useful, it has a lot of news articles & also listening & activities . Also make sure that you include a lot of interesting / high level opinion phrases if you have a speaking exam e.g. Meiner meinung nach (in my opinion) ,
Ich bin nicht sicher aber ( i am not sure but..) Also use a lot of interesting adjectives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (150)
73.53%
No (54)
26.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed