myaccount1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are Oxford applications read by the Department that a student applied to?
Estreth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by myaccount1)
Yes.
myaccount1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Estreth)
Yes.
I got an email back from an admissions tutor at a different department. Should I email them?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Undergrad:
Oxford admissions are decentralised it will be a college fellow but one associated to your department. The admissions officer will likely be a course tutor/lecturer.
Postgrad:
Admissions are done more traditionally and id imagine by the central course admissions director.
--
Oxford Mum
Estreth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
Undergrad:
Oxford admissions are decentralised it will be a college fellow but one associated to your department. The admissions officer will likely be a course tutor/lecturer.
Postgrad:
Admissions are done more traditionally and id imagine by the central course admissions director.
--
Oxford Mum
I had understood the question to ask whether anyone in the relevant department would read the application, at opposed to only the college, to which the answer is yes, because departments / faculties have a role in shortlisting as well as colleges.
But it seems the concern was instead that the person who replied was from a different department? But if they were the admissions tutor at the college applied to, there's nothing odd about that: the college is in charge of communications with the applicant.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am not sure of the answer to this question. As long as someone at Oxford reads it and considers it, who cares? Certainly at college level someone will run their eyes over it. Whether it's the college you have applied for is another matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads