The Student Room Group

unsure what art uni course to take

Hi i have to choose what uni degree i want to take soon, currently on a foundation course. I'm torn between taking illustration or animation but i love both! there's a combined course but it's too far away so i have to decide if i want to take illustration or animation. Has anyone got some advice on what to do, how to choose what course to take? Thank you :smile:
Original post by A_User123
Hi i have to choose what uni degree i want to take soon, currently on a foundation course. I'm torn between taking illustration or animation but i love both! there's a combined course but it's too far away so i have to decide if i want to take illustration or animation. Has anyone got some advice on what to do, how to choose what course to take? Thank you :smile:

I certainly don't want to make any bad choices for you but being in uni myself if I could do it over I would advise doing the course that made me the most excited. The one that I want to spend most of my personal time working on. I would say choose the course that you personally spend the most time on and the one you get the most enjoyment from.
Reply 2
Original post by George91287
I certainly don't want to make any bad choices for you but being in uni myself if I could do it over I would advise doing the course that made me the most excited. The one that I want to spend most of my personal time working on. I would say choose the course that you personally spend the most time on and the one you get the most enjoyment from.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah that's a good point, choosing a course that you get the most enjoyment from. I think i'm going to talk to my tutors more about it and research a bit more into both courses. Thanks again for your advice!
Original post by A_User123

Hey @A_User123,

Have you looked at London College of Communication? They offer lots of different digital illustration/animation courses some which combine the two. Their BA in Illustration and Visual Media may be of interest to you? You can check out their other courses here as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions and good luck with your application whichever course you may choose.

Kindest,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest