Is this being unfair? Example

Watch
TSR User_123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Let's say two girls the same religion came to school 1 minute late (Their year have to be at school at 8:40 and they come at 8:41) the teacher says something like 'Your being late' etc as soon as the girls enter. And two different ppl who are not that religion come at 9:42 and doesn't get shouted at infront of the whole class.

This is just an example.

Is this racist?

What should the two girls do?
Last edited by TSR User_123; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
Racism is about racial hatred.
Not punctuality, teachers issuing reminders of the school rules about being on time or religion.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TSR User_123)
Let's say two girls the same religion came to school 1 minute late (Their year have to be at school at 8:40 and they come at 8:41) the teacher says something like 'Your being late' etc as soon as the girls enter. And two different ppl who are not that religion come at 9:42 and doesn't get shouted at infront of the whole class.

This is just an example.

Is this racist?

Race is not religion.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
Racism is about racial hatred.
Not punctuality, teachers issuing reminders of the school rules about being on time or religion.
Ok but the problem is that the two girls that have the same religion aren't that late, and the two different ppl come really late its like its ok for them to be late. But the two girls it has to matter for them.

I understand that you said the teachers are trying to remind them of the school rules, but what about the two different ppl, I feel that they have a rule that they can be really late and not get into trouble.

I feel that this is unfair.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Race is not religion.
Okay but the thing is the two girls cover their hair because of their religion. And why should they get into trouble but the others not?
safahh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay but the thing is the two girls cover their hair because of their religion. And why should they get into trouble but the others not?
okay so i am a muslim and honestly i would personally find it islamaphobic especially if the teacher is not a muslim. also i doubt it was about favouritism due to the fact that there were two students and not one. i hope that answered your question !!
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1minute compared to 1hour
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by safahh)
okay so i am a muslim and honestly i would personally find it islamaphobic especially if the teacher is not a muslim. also i doubt it was about favouritism due to the fact that there were two students and not one. i hope that answered your question !!
Yh but there were other ppl and they were in class. But I don't understand the fact that the musilms get into trouble but the ppl who aren't, I am sorry but I just don't get the fact that the teacher would tell the musilm girls that there late, they already know. And the non-musilms just let them come into class and not get into trouble.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
1minute compared to 1hour
Okay but what is the comparison between 8:41 to 9:42?
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're asking the wrong people. You need to ask the teacher (assuming that it's the same one). Did those arriving later have something pre-arranged?

Why do you assume that this connected to religion or race?
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your question is silly and your responses are even worse.

Why you’re so keen to label people ‘racist’ in your types of threads is beyond me.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
I am sorry I just feel this is unfair.

You're asking the wrong people. You need to ask the teacher (assuming that it's the same one). Did those arriving later have something pre-arranged?

Why do you assume that this connected to religion or race?
I assume that this is to do with religion because they are the only two musilm girl's in that class.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by safahh)
okay so i am a muslim and honestly i would personally find it islamaphobic especially if the teacher is not a muslim.
How many logic failures can you see in what you wrote?

Why is anything negative said to a Muslim "Islamaphobic" in your mind?
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Your question is silly and your responses are even worse.

Why you’re so keen to label people ‘racist’ in your types of threads is beyond me.
I feel that this racist because racism is to do with the musilm religion:

Racism is where someone treats another person differently because their skin colour is not the same as theirs, they speak a different language or have different religious beliefs, for example.

Where as the other ppl who were very late are not musilm.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I assume that this is to do with religion because they are the only two musilm girl's in that class.
You said race earlier ..

Do you know that the people arriving even later had not pre-arranged it?

You are making assumptions, as you have no evidence. I hope that you realise how easily you could be wrong.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Racism is where someone treats another person differently because their skin colour is not the same as theirs, they speak a different language or have different religious beliefs, for example.

You need a better dictionary, not a woke one.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
You need a better dictionary, not a woke one.
Okay
George91287
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

This is just an example.

Is this racist?

No not in nature as it's nothing to do with their race but more their religion. Although it would appear very unfair it is going to be very hard in this situation to prove in any way that there was a religious-based prejudice. Though yes it is still wrong
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by George91287)
No not in nature as it's nothing to do with their race but more their religion. Although it would appear very unfair it is going to be very hard in this situation to prove in any way that there was a religious-based prejudice. Though yes it is still wrong
Thanks.

So it was to do with the religion not race okay.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Everything highlighted in bold is complete nonsense and/or irrelevant.

It doesn’t matter if they were late and not muslim, you can’t connect them and claim racism based on virtually nothing but your own bias towards the world which seems to be that everything is racist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (48)
17.65%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (77)
28.31%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (35)
12.87%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.68%

Watched Threads