what do you do when you feel empty

Watch
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to stop bad habits I do to distract myself from the emptiness that I feel. What do you do that is healthy when you feel this way. This is an everyday issue
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
I want to stop bad habits I do to distract myself from the emptiness that I feel. What do you do that is healthy when you feel this way. This is an everyday issue
I try exercise or play music x

Hope you get over this issue x
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cry, eat, listen to music, read, do boxing and make to do lists (they help me feel more organised 😬)
Sorry I couldn't be more help and I hope you can overcome this soon :console:
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fill myself with ice cream
Moonlight rain
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I cry, eat, listen to music, read, do boxing and make to do lists (they help me feel more organised 😬)
Sorry I couldn't be more help and I hope you can overcome this soon :console:
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Fill myself with ice cream
eating badly is my bad habit but I wish it was healthy
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Art, bake, handmake some chocolates, photography, read, watch a dvd, play with a canine pal or adapt a recipe that friends enjoy to make it dog-friendly.
dardasiya
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me I find that the emptiness can come when:
- You feel like you're not in touch with your best self / your best life
- When there are desires & dreams you want but don't quite know how to go about making them come true

Positive distractions (like the great list londonmyst gave) can help uplift us. Do whatever excites you the most, even if it's just 1% exciting, that's better than 0%. From a place where we feel a little better, sometimes from there we are more open to getting inspiration & ideas for how to fill in those gaps.
Moonlight rain
(Original post by londonmyst)
Art, bake, handmake some chocolates, photography, read, watch a dvd, play with a canine pal or adapt a recipe that friends enjoy to make it dog-friendly.
I would probably cuddle my pet cat but I don’t have one unfortunately

(Original post by dardasiya)
For me I find that the emptiness can come when:
- You feel like you're not in touch with your best self / your best life
- When there are desires & dreams you want but don't quite know how to go about making them come true

Positive distractions (like the great list londonmyst gave) can help uplift us. Do whatever excites you the most, even if it's just 1% exciting, that's better than 0%. From a place where we feel a little better, sometimes from there we are more open to getting inspiration & ideas for how to fill in those gaps.
I guess thanks
graceooo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i go on runs but sometimes its just too difficult so i try to stay around people and do something to distract myself like watching a funny movie with them or something
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would probably cuddle my pet cat but I don’t have one unfortunately
I can't keep a pet of my own either.

Have you though of buying some cuddly toys of your favourite animals?
Giant, miniature or average teddy bear sized.
Or going to your local BuildABear to make your own stuffed toy animal, then getting it an outfit or accessories.
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try to distract myself.
Moonlight rain
I can't keep a pet of my own either.

Have you though of buying some cuddly toys of your favourite animals?
Giant, miniature or average teddy bear sized.
Or going to your local BuildABear to make your own stuffed toy animal, then getting it an outfit or accessories.
not being rude at all since I know you have one but I find it a little childish so no thanks. but I appreciate your responses

(Original post by YaliaV123)
Try to distract myself.
Well that’s helpful
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not being rude at all since I know you have one but I find it a little childish so no thanks. but I appreciate your responses
It's okay.
I'm a collector of toy animals, books, credit cards and high heels.

Is there anything that you enjoy making or collecting?
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I exercise. Then I do some cooking to distract myself.
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well that’s helpful
I go for a walk, meditate, read etc. Anything to get out of my thoughts because overthinking is the worst thing you can do when you’re feeling low or anxious. What do you enjoy doing?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Exercise- I never was one to exercise but since I’ve started to, I’ve been feeling less low. I used to feel very down nearly everyday and now I seem to be happier
I also pray 5 x day and when I miss prayers I don’t feel good either. It seems to really help
Moonlight rain
It's okay.
I'm a collector of toy animals, books, credit cards and high heels.

Is there anything that you enjoy making or collecting?
Nope. There’s nothing that can fill my emptiness than food. I’ve tried it all.
There’s I guess one more thing and that’s shopping but I’m hella broke rn so that’s not even an option.

(Original post by YaliaV123)
I go for a walk, meditate, read etc. Anything to get out of my thoughts because overthinking is the worst thing you can do when you’re feeling low or anxious. What do you enjoy doing?
That’s true and I do over think a lot but I’m talking about feeling like there’s a part of you that’s missing, feeling numb but in pain at the same time. Just nothingness. I enjoy singing but I live with other strangers and I have terrible severe anxiety so I feel way to anxious to sing even quietly cause I feel like I’d be attacked. I like playing games but I’d have to buy the ones that I like and also buy a PlayStation and that’s another money issue. There’s nothing else. I’ve tried walking, exercising, meditation and there’s nothing.

(Original post by Anonymous)
Exercise- I never was one to exercise but since I’ve started to, I’ve been feeling less low. I used to feel very down nearly everyday and now I seem to be happier
I also pray 5 x day and when I miss prayers I don’t feel good either. It seems to really help
I wish exercise helped me
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
eating badly is my bad habit but I wish it was healthy
Why don't you try frozen grapes? they're really nice
Do you have any friends/neighbours that have a cat? you can ask if you can look after it for a while and give it hugs and stuff.
(hugs = oxytocin = happiness :hugs:)
But you really should talk to your closest friend (could be a family member if you're close) about how you're feeling.
Basically, swallow your pride and tell someone you trust that you need help. It's hard, but it's not impossible. The fact that you're even looking for ways of dealing with it is a good sign. Good luck xx
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Watch shows on Netflix with a nice cup of tea/ coffee/ cocoa.
Call someone that can cheer me up or at the very least distract me/ be there for me.
Bake
Sit down and write down or even voice out why I feel the way I do just to see if I can come to a revelation or solutions.
Go on YouTube and watch motivational or existential videos. Latter helps me sometimes get more perspective on what I want from life or how to view things.
Go for a long walk with nice music. Observe people and scenes around me.

Ultimately either just distractions or reflection

Sorry to hear you’re feeling this way
Moonlight rain
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Why don't you try frozen grapes? they're really nice
Do you have any friends/neighbours that have a cat? you can ask if you can look after it for a while and give it hugs and stuff.
(hugs = oxytocin = happiness :hugs:)
But you really should talk to your closest friend (could be a family member if you're close) about how you're feeling.
Basically, swallow your pride and tell someone you trust that you need help. It's hard, but it's not impossible. The fact that you're even looking for ways of dealing with it is a good sign. Good luck xx
I really like red grapes. I guess I could substitute chocolate with that. Thanks.

I can’t describe how I’m feeling. I am waiting for counselling but I think this emptiness is to do with anxiety. I appreciate it. PRSOM

(Original post by Synergy~)
Watch shows on Netflix with a nice cup of tea/ coffee/ cocoa.
Call someone that can cheer me up or at the very least distract me/ be there for me.
Bake
Sit down and write down or even voice out why I feel the way I do just to see if I can come to a revelation or solutions.
Go on YouTube and watch motivational or existential videos. Latter helps me sometimes get more perspective on what I want from life or how to view things.
Go for a long walk with nice music. Observe people and scenes around me.

Ultimately either just distractions or reflection

Sorry to hear you’re feeling this way
Thanks. I’m going to get better soon, I believe in it. My journey to happiness will be much easier since I love myself so much. I’ll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (294)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.21%

Watched Threads