The Student Room Group

Polystic Ovary Syndrome (pcos)?

I have VERY irregular periods - mostly long cycles. I miss lots of months and sometimes even three. When I missed three for the first time I thought my period had gone lol but now it's normal for me. They range from 28-90 days and they're very painful , especially down in the pelvic area and down there (it's awfullll) and of course the stomach, back and thigh pains . It gets too much and feeling nausea and occasionally being sick.
Only a doctor can diagnose you, they will usually ask for a blood test and an ultrasound. If the two align with PCOS then you will be diagnosed
Reply 2
Original post by CoolCavy
Only a doctor can diagnose you, they will usually ask for a blood test and an ultrasound. If the two align with PCOS then you will be diagnosed

Oh, okay thanks! I went to the hospital, due to me having severe cramps a week after my period so we went and had blood tests as they thought it was to do with my kidneys or appendix but they felt where the pain was and they said it was more in the pelvic region and could have a problem in the ovaries. They checked for cysts but couldn't see any - they said it could be a small one and not noticeable . They suggested for me to go on the pill...so do they check the ovaries?

This was in July this trip
Original post by Anonymous
Oh, okay thanks! I went to the hospital, due to me having severe cramps a week after my period so we went and had blood tests as they thought it was to do with my kidneys or appendix but they felt where the pain was and they said it was more in the pelvic region and could have a problem in the ovaries. They checked for cysts but couldn't see any - they said it could be a small one and not noticeable . They suggested for me to go on the pill...so do they check the ovaries?

This was in July this trip

if they checked for cysts, they must have done some kind of scan that looked at your ovaries?

Quick Reply

Latest