The Student Room Group

Marks & Spencer Graduate Scheme

Hi guys!! :biggrin:

I can't seem to find a thread from this year on this ... has anyone applied to M&S Grad scheme?

How did you find the tests / have you heard back yet?

Anyone progressed past the tests?

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by labeltree

I can't seem to find a thread from this year on this ... has anyone applied to M&S Grad scheme?

I haven't heard back yet! My status just says on hold and will be in touch after the closing date
Reply 2
Original post by Ccoxx
I haven't heard back yet! My status just says on hold and will be in touch after the closing date

Me to, I contacted them asking if they had any updates and they said this: “Hi there, thanks for getting in touch in regards to your application. Due to the volume of applications we received, our team are currently working through them to find suitable applicants. You'll be notified as soon as we review your application”
Reply 3
I've just been invited to an assessment centre, does anyone know what this is going to involve?
Reply 4
Original post by abcd22
I've just been invited to an assessment centre, does anyone know what this is going to involve?

Well done! When is the assessment centre? I know someone who did it last year and they did an escape game, business scenario and individual interview I think. However this was in person and not virtual so will probably be very different this year
Reply 5
Original post by abcd22

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, which scheme did you apply for?
Reply 6
I just got rejected for the Enterprise Scheme today
Can anyone tell me the locations of the retail grad scheme?
Reply 8
I think its nationwide
Reply 9
Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre ?
Did my ac the other day. Just make sure you eat before it because you dont really get a break
Reply 11
Original post by skywalker12
Did my ac the other day. Just make sure you eat before it because you dont really get a break

Good advice thanks, did it last four hours or all day ? and did they give any indication of when you would hear back ?
Reply 12
Hey! What kind of questions did they ask you? Also can you share some info on the individual presentation and the group work?
Reply 13
Original post by skywalker12

Hey! What kind of questions did they ask you? Also can you share some info on the individual presentation and the group work?
Original post by labeltree

Has anyone applied to Womenswear Designer Scheme and heard back yet?
Original post by qqqqqq1

Hi! I just had mine today for buying, so can only really speak for that one, hopefully it will still give some insight though!

During the individual interview, they asked a few personal questions (introducing myself, my experience, why I wanted to be on this scheme etc.) before getting onto more competency-based ones. I can't remember a lot of them, but, I had some regarding times I challenged an idea put forward by a group/ how I approached this, had open communication, used numerical/ data analysis, was proactive to resolve an issue and went above and beyond to meet standards. They were all general interview questions, nothing that was too tricky or there to catch you out!

For the individual presentation, we had 15 minutes to present (make sure to keep track of the time!) and then they had 30 minutes to ask any questions, but they didn't use all that time in mine. I would just make sure you know your presentation, justifications and so on inside out. I had some in-depth and specific questions!

The group exercise was also quite relaxed, and exactly what is specified in the pre-assessment information sent out. They did throw in a scenario/ change of circumstances 10 minutes from the end though, so we had to come up with a solution to that problem as well.

Honestly, it was one of the most comfortable AC's I have had, and everyone was lovely! I hope this helps and good luck! :smile:
Reply 16
Hey, thanks for sharing that. Hope you get in!
Are we supposed to ask them on the topic for the presentation and group discussion or do they just reveal that on the day? I wasn't told anything.

Original post by LeiaJ
Hi! I just had mine today for buying, so can only really speak for that one, hopefully it will still give some insight though!

During the individual interview, they asked a few personal questions (introducing myself, my experience, why I wanted to be on this scheme etc.) before getting onto more competency-based ones. I can't remember a lot of them, but, I had some regarding times I challenged an idea put forward by a group/ how I approached this, had open communication, used numerical/ data analysis, was proactive to resolve an issue and went above and beyond to meet standards. They were all general interview questions, nothing that was too tricky or there to catch you out!

For the individual presentation, we had 15 minutes to present (make sure to keep track of the time!) and then they had 30 minutes to ask any questions, but they didn't use all that time in mine. I would just make sure you know your presentation, justifications and so on inside out. I had some in-depth and specific questions!

The group exercise was also quite relaxed, and exactly what is specified in the pre-assessment information sent out. They did throw in a scenario/ change of circumstances 10 minutes from the end though, so we had to come up with a solution to that problem as well.

Honestly, it was one of the most comfortable AC's I have had, and everyone was lovely! I hope this helps and good luck! :smile:
Reply 17
I have an AC tomorrow, I appreciate this!! Thank you
Reply 18
Original post by MS3LL
I have an AC tomorrow, I appreciate this!! Thank you

Hey! Which role have you applied for? And did they inform your presentation topic to you in advance? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by qqqqqq1
Hey! Which role have you applied for? And did they inform your presentation topic to you in advance? :smile:

I applied for the Clothing & Home Merchandiser scheme, and nope. I am guessing they give the topic on the day but give you enough time to prepare. I have read online they want to see your presenting skills rather than the content of the presentation (not entirely sure though haha).

Quick Reply

Latest