Please help me think of this phrase!!!

Watch this thread
Anonymousamie
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I found a really good phrase online that I’d like to use in my coursework, but don’t want to plagiarise. It was...
‘A ______ island amidst an _____ ocean’. I’m trying to think of a similar phrase, where I say how one thing was so microscopic in the grand scheme of things, but my mind has gone blank!

Thank you.
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
An insignificant island amidst a vast ocean x
Anonymousamie
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Wannabevet133)
An insignificant island amidst a vast ocean x
Thank you! But sorry, I meant changing the words ‘island’ and ‘ocean’. It was a ‘Catholic island amidst an Anglican ocean’ and the phrase really wowed me idk why, but I’m not sure how to tweak it 😂
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
Thank you! But sorry, I meant changing the words ‘island’ and ‘ocean’. It was a ‘Catholic island amidst an Anglican ocean’ and the phrase really wowed me idk why, but I’m not sure how to tweak it 😂
Ohhh sorry I thought the ‘gaps’ were what you wanted to fill🤣
Something like a grain of sand on a beach? Or a single cell in the human body? Planet in the universe?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
16.3%
The paper was reasonable (177)
48.9%
Not feeling great about that exam... (90)
24.86%
It was TERRIBLE (36)
9.94%

Watched Threads