philly270
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so for the last few weeks weve had chances to start on our personal statements and stuff but the thing is i dont know what i want to do at uni, plus my predicted grades arent that great either so now im trying now to panic about what i want to do and how im gonna get there
mma_jd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are your a levels and predicted grades
philly270
Rep:
?
(Original post by mma_jd)
What are your a levels and predicted grades
Biology - C
Geography -D
Sociology- E
theyre bad ik but this quarantine stuff really messed up my learning so now its just a shambles kmt
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Take your time and apply when you're ready to, if you choose to go to uni. If you can't think of something you want to study full-time for 3-4 years, don't apply. It's a big investment in time and money.
philly270
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Take your time and apply when you're ready to, if you choose to go to uni. If you can't think of something you want to study full-time for 3-4 years, don't apply. It's a big investment in time and money.
yh ive been taking the idea of a gap year into consideration since its all weighing on me about what i want to do at this point, thanks for this
mma_jd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by philly270)
Biology - C
Geography -D
Sociology- E
theyre bad ik but this quarantine stuff really messed up my learning so now its just a shambles kmt
You have about half a year until exams, my advice is to study your arse off to achieve better grades and then get in through clearing to some decent unis. I doubt any decent unis will give you offers with those predicted grades honestly
philly270
Rep:
?
(Original post by mma_jd)
You have about half a year until exams, my advice is to study your arse off to achieve better grades and then get in through clearing to some decent unis. I doubt any decent unis will give you offers with those predicted grades honestly
nah im aware of that loool, thanks for the honesty yh imma try and do that thank you !
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh ive been taking the idea of a gap year into consideration since its all weighing on me about what i want to do at this point, thanks for this
Applying after you get your grades would be more straightforward, you're not relying on predictions and you already know what you achieved. Although it would be good to start coming up with a plan for a gap year.

If you're applying through Clearing for 2021 entry, you will still need a UCAS application ready to go, complete with personal statement and references. So don't leave it too late.

Try to remember you're not going to be 'locked in' to a certain career path just from what you do at uni. What you do outside your course can be just as important anyway.
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biology - C
Geography -D
Sociology- E
Are you sure Unis for you? Also what do you wanna be when you’re older?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you want to do? There are literally tons of study options to pick from. And my advice is to get some university prospectuses first of all and then make a informed decision. Chat to some former uni students about their experience of university courses too. Do some online research on the website looking for up to date course information as well. Make notes. Make sure all of your questions are answered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads