The Student Room Group

French fashion

Hi everyone!
So I have decided to study the French fashion for my independent research project for my speaking - I was wondering if anyone knew any controversial theories or suggestions relating to French fashion? It needs to be something that I can hold a debate over , I've done so much research and struggling to find some ideas !
Many thanks !!!
I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but Coco Chanel was antisemitic and homophobic, which I would say counts as controversial.
Reply 2
Original post by katiemforman
I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but Coco Chanel was antisemitic and homophobic, which I would say counts as controversial.

This is perfect, thank you !!
My mum told me that post WW2 there was financial assistance from the French government for the fashion industry, or at least for tailoring and clothing. I am not sure of the details though. My late grandfather was a tailor and his mother tongue was French, his brothers were tailors in Paris. Sadly all now deceased so I cannot ask them on your behalf.

My controversial view is that the French have fashion (as do the Italians), what we have that passes for fashion in the UK is a disgrace.
Reply 4
Original post by barnetlad
My mum told me that post WW2 there was financial assistance from the French government for the fashion industry, or at least for tailoring and clothing. I am not sure of the details though. My late grandfather was a tailor and his mother tongue was French, his brothers were tailors in Paris. Sadly all now deceased so I cannot ask them on your behalf.

My controversial view is that the French have fashion (as do the Italians), what we have that passes for fashion in the UK is a disgrace.

Thank you so much !
Reply 5
Original post by StudentBeA2
Hi everyone!
So I have decided to study the French fashion for my independent research project for my speaking - I was wondering if anyone knew any controversial theories or suggestions relating to French fashion? It needs to be something that I can hold a debate over , I've done so much research and struggling to find some ideas !
Many thanks !!!

I’m doing the irp on french fashion too! I’m doing it on coco Chanel
Reply 6
Original post by Tashax2
I’m doing the irp on french fashion too! I’m doing it on coco Chanel

oh really ?? yeah I wanted to do it on that but struggling to find some controversial stuff on it , where are you getting like the ideas from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending