StudentBeA2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone!
So I have decided to study the French fashion for my independent research project for my speaking - I was wondering if anyone knew any controversial theories or suggestions relating to French fashion? It needs to be something that I can hold a debate over , I've done so much research and struggling to find some ideas !
Many thanks !!!
katiemforman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but Coco Chanel was antisemitic and homophobic, which I would say counts as controversial.
StudentBeA2
Rep:
?
(Original post by katiemforman)
I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but Coco Chanel was antisemitic and homophobic, which I would say counts as controversial.
This is perfect, thank you !!
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mum told me that post WW2 there was financial assistance from the French government for the fashion industry, or at least for tailoring and clothing. I am not sure of the details though. My late grandfather was a tailor and his mother tongue was French, his brothers were tailors in Paris. Sadly all now deceased so I cannot ask them on your behalf.

My controversial view is that the French have fashion (as do the Italians), what we have that passes for fashion in the UK is a disgrace.
StudentBeA2
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
My mum told me that post WW2 there was financial assistance from the French government for the fashion industry, or at least for tailoring and clothing. I am not sure of the details though. My late grandfather was a tailor and his mother tongue was French, his brothers were tailors in Paris. Sadly all now deceased so I cannot ask them on your behalf.

My controversial view is that the French have fashion (as do the Italians), what we have that passes for fashion in the UK is a disgrace.
Thank you so much !
Tashax2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StudentBeA2)
Hi everyone!
So I have decided to study the French fashion for my independent research project for my speaking - I was wondering if anyone knew any controversial theories or suggestions relating to French fashion? It needs to be something that I can hold a debate over , I've done so much research and struggling to find some ideas !
Many thanks !!!
I’m doing the irp on french fashion too! I’m doing it on coco Chanel
StudentBeA2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tashax2)
I’m doing the irp on french fashion too! I’m doing it on coco Chanel
oh really ?? yeah I wanted to do it on that but struggling to find some controversial stuff on it , where are you getting like the ideas from?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.86%
I don't have everything I need (142)
42.14%

Watched Threads