Drop out of uni now or at the end of the year

Watch
t.iris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't drop out!! But if you really want to, at the end of the year, so you have more time to make such a big decision. Obvs I don't know any contextual info but a uni education is immensely useful!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by t.iris)
Don't drop out!! But if you really want to, at the end of the year, so you have more time to make such a big decision. Obvs I don't know any contextual info but a uni education is immensely useful!
What a peculiar post to make.
As you say you dont know the context, so for some it might be worth sticking the year out, but for others leaving asap or at the end of term 1 makes absolute sense to them.

They may have medical reasons.
Might be mental health reasons which makes them extremely unhappy, crying, suicidal etc.
The flatmates might be bullying or they feel incredibly isolated and have regressed.
They may hate the course and uni and realised they have no use for the extra teaching.
They might have decided to study something else.
They could take the semi gap year to earn money or have a break.
There may be family reasons.
They may struggle with the course and not want to sit exams where they will perform poorly and have it count against them..
They might not want the student debt.

Sure there are other reasons, but if some of the above is true and its best they leave/want to, then they should. If they have a positive home to return to they can make fresh decisions in a better environment.

Having your mental health is a lot more useful than a years uni education.
t.iris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
What a peculiar post to make.
As you say you dont know the context, so for some it might be worth sticking the year out, but for others leaving asap or at the end of term 1 makes absolute sense to them.

They may have medical reasons.
Might be mental health reasons which makes them extremely unhappy, crying, suicidal etc.
The flatmates might be bullying or they feel incredibly isolated and have regressed.
They may hate the course and uni and realised they have no use for the extra teaching.
They might have decided to study something else.
They could take the semi gap year to earn money or have a break.
There may be family reasons.
They may struggle with the course and not want to sit exams where they will perform poorly and have it count against them..
They might not want the student debt.

Sure there are other reasons, but if some of the above is true and its best they leave/want to, then they should. If they have a positive home to return to they can make fresh decisions in a better environment.

Having your mental health is a lot more useful than a years uni education.
Yes, you're right. Sorry it didn't occur to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.56%
I don't have everything I need (331)
43.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed