Degree not accredited and discontinued

Watch
Dudetf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I study biochemistry at a top ranking non-russell group university and my degree is being discontinued and rebranded under a different name but the degree isn't accredited and there is no hope that it will get accredited before I graduate. A transfer to a different university after my placement year was suggested by a lecturer whom I asked for advice and it's just added another layer of stress. I wanted to ask whether any of you guys know if there will be any consequences to this in terms of my employability. Is switching to a different university worth the stress especially because most other Russell unis won't allow a transfer from a non-Russell uni, let alone in year 3. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which body where you expecting to accredit your degree?
Which jobs do you think require accreditation for biochem graduates?
Dudetf
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Which body where you expecting to accredit your degree?
Which jobs do you think require accreditation for biochem graduates?
I think we were expecting the royal society of biology to accredit the degree and I'm not sure but would it not be strange if an employer goes on the uni website and my degree isn't mentioned there at all?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dudetf)
I think we were expecting the royal society of biology to accredit the degree and I'm not sure but would it not be strange if an employer goes on the uni website and my degree isn't mentioned there at all?
You're over-estimating employers interest in job applicants.

They don't go looking on university websites to find out what you studied - your degree certificate, transcript and HEAR tell them that information along with your references.
Dudetf
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You're over-estimating employers interest in job applicants.

They don't go looking on university websites to find out what you studied - your degree certificate, transcript and HEAR tell them that information along with your references.
would they not care that the degree isn't accredited?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.64%
I don't have everything I need (330)
43.36%

Watched Threads