please someone help me ENGLISH LIT

Watch this thread
zaina.aa
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What would the structure of my essay be for comparing two poems...
this is an example of the question(I don't need you to answer the question just someone explain the structure i would use for it)

"With reference to two poems, compare Clarke’s presentation and use of specific places in her
poetry. "
xosozz
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
-intro
- para 1: one or two points of comparison
-para 2: another point of comparison
- para 3 (if you have more to say) : another point of comparison
- conclusion
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
A basic plan as follows

Paragraph for your intro
Paragraph one- one point of comparison and quotes etc
Second one- second point and examples to back up your arguments
Third paragraph- one more comparison and evidence to support your answer
Fourth paragraph- conclusion

Advice focus on what you have to do in order to gain a high mark. Concentrate in other words on your coursework task. Pay careful attention to the skills that are being assessed as well. Make sure you use interesting words appropriately etc as well. Identify different features of the text like presentational devices and the like. Ensure that you also compare things as the question wants. Four or five short paragraphs should do it. Set out your whole essay correctly too.
Use your class notes as fodder for the entire essay. Read beyond the lines of the poem to figure out any hidden meaning and so on. The comparison essay needs to be typed up in black. Goes without saying really. Refer back to the two poems as you work on your essay so that you do not get distracted either. Also having a understanding of the poems will help you know what to write. This is a comparison essay. Bear that in mind.
zaina.aa
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
A basic plan as follows

Paragraph for your intro
Paragraph one- one point of comparison and quotes etc
Second one- second point and examples to back up your arguments
Third paragraph- one more comparison and evidence to support your answer
Fourth paragraph- conclusion

Advice focus on what you have to do in order to gain a high mark. Concentrate in other words on your coursework task. Pay careful attention to the skills that are being assessed as well. Make sure you use interesting words appropriately etc as well. Identify different features of the text like presentational devices and the like. Ensure that you also compare things as the question wants. Four or five short paragraphs should do it. Set out your whole essay correctly too.
Use your class notes as fodder for the entire essay. Read beyond the lines of the poem to figure out any hidden meaning and so on. The comparison essay needs to be typed up in black. Goes without saying really. Refer back to the two poems as you work on your essay so that you do not get distracted either. Also having a understanding of the poems will help you know what to write. This is a comparison essay. Bear that in mind.
thank u so much ur a life saver
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
np
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
66.33%
No (44)
22.45%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.22%

Watched Threads