Is it okay to tell your group you can’t do the work...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It’s probs not deep at all but I have social anxiety so I need reassurance pls lol.
I have group work which is technically due in on tuesday and a project extension due in tomorrow. I don’t think I can get all the group work done today (they want it today despite the requirement being tuesday), due to the project I’m tryna finish. I’ve done well in keeping up with their work but I never told them about my circumstances incase I have to tell them the reason why I had an extension for this project... Should I just say I can’t do it? I think I’m worrying because they’ve been talking a lot about this other guy behind his back and I’m scared to be him lol... esp tellin them on the day it’s due
probs wont get a reply bc I know this is pathetic to ask, but I can’t help it... my brain keeps telling me I’m gonna get talked about or I’ll get a bad review in the end AGH
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Better to tell them than leave them to find out on the day...
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should talk to them about it and get it sorted
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s probs not deep at all but I have social anxiety so I need reassurance pls lol.
I have group work which is technically due in on tuesday and a project extension due in tomorrow. I don’t think I can get all the group work done today (they want it today despite the requirement being tuesday), due to the project I’m tryna finish. I’ve done well in keeping up with their work but I never told them about my circumstances incase I have to tell them the reason why I had an extension for this project... Should I just say I can’t do it? I think I’m worrying because they’ve been talking a lot about this other guy behind his back and I’m scared to be him lol... esp tellin them on the day it’s due
probs wont get a reply bc I know this is pathetic to ask, but I can’t help it... my brain keeps telling me I’m gonna get talked about or I’ll get a bad review in the end AGH
Obviously just tell them, if they ‘talk about you’ then so what?
People do that all the time you are just going to have to learn to live with it or simply not care as you move on in life.
Last edited by paul514; 1 month ago
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have this from the organiser side. I also have to email our tutors ahead of the group presentation and say who did what.
One of the missing people did email me yes yesterday to say sorry was behind, would speak to the tutor so that’s what I will note in my email @x was unable to participate and will contact you directly”
I really don’t care, I just want to get my part done. That person wasn’t allocated to do anything so no loss.
If you have agreed to do something let them know ASAP you can’t. Only fair.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for your responses guys. Guess I’ll just have to say it.

I forgot to mention the actual deadline on tuesday is just a little tutorial deadline, (we gotta complete a certain amount of work a week just to discuss) not the final thing. I just feel that my other project is more serious atm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed