Worried that my sister will fail her A-levels?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My sister hasn't always been the most academic but she tried hard in her GCSEs and managed to get into sixth form. I'm really worried that she won't do well in her A-levels this summer. Obviously there's the fact that she missed around 6 months of year 12 due to Covid, but she also hasn't started revising yet and often fails mock assessments. In her most recent report, she was predicted BCC which is decent. But she needs much higher than that just to get into her insurance. Idk maybe this is a pointless rant but I just don't know how to support her.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is she older or younger than you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Is she older or younger than you?
She's a year younger than me
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did her school provide much support? It must be annoying for you, but she’s practically an adult now and has to make her own decisions.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My sister hasn't always been the most academic but she tried hard in her GCSEs and managed to get into sixth form. I'm really worried that she won't do well in her A-levels this summer. Obviously there's the fact that she missed around 6 months of year 12 due to Covid, but she also hasn't started revising yet and often fails mock assessments. In her most recent report, she was predicted BCC which is decent. But she needs much higher than that just to get into her insurance. Idk maybe this is a pointless rant but I just don't know how to support her.
Talk to her about it.
Ask her if she wants you to be her 'accountability partner'; she can set up her own schedule for revising and once a week you'll have a meeting to discuss her progress and see if she needs any help.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She's a year younger than me
It’s hard to know without knowing your relationship and how she’s feeling about it all. But just talk to her about how she’s feeling and tell her you’re happy to help get herself organised.
It Is her responsibility when it comes down to it but that doesn’t mean you can’t reach out. Buy her a study planner and help her fill it in perhaps.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She could do a foundation year. I know that the UEA (University of East Anglia) will accept a CCC as being sufficient to get onto one, as that is my local Uni.
hisokaaaa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speak to her and check is there an underlying cause for her not doing as well as she’d like? Is she worried about things relating to mental health, friendships. Or simply the work to overwhelming for her? I hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads