Marina1989
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently had an interview for LSBU childrens PGDIP for the September2021 start, has anyone heard back from them.
Nubling_Lottie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Marina1989)
I recently had an interview for LSBU childrens PGDIP for the September2021 start, has anyone heard back from them.
Hey. In my experience they reply quick fast, though I applied for bachelor they offered me the Pgdip route as I am a degree student. I interviewed on 23rd November and got a offer on 30th November. I believe they say 2 weeks roughly, but since its coming to Christmas now, it may be slightly more than that if it takes much over that period, send the admission office a email, they are quite fast at responding and very helpful
I'm sure you'll get a reply soon! Best of luck
Last edited by Nubling_Lottie; 1 month ago
Marina1989
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nubling_Lottie)
Hey. In my experience they reply quick fast, though I applied for bachelor they offered me the Pgdip route as I am a degree student. I interviewed on 23rd November and got a offer on 30th November. I believe they say 2 weeks roughly, but since its coming to Christmas now, it may be slightly more than that if it takes much over that period, send the admission office a email, they are quite fast at responding and very helpful
I'm sure you'll get a reply soon! Best of luck
Awww Congratulations, yes I was also interviewed on the 23rd of November but it did not go so well in my opinion , I was so nervous maybe that is why they are taking long.
I contacted the Admissions team they assured that no decision has been made yet on my behalf.I'll have to wait.Thanks your reply
Nubling_Lottie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Awww Congratulations, yes I was also interviewed on the 23rd of November but it did not go so well in my opinion , I was so nervous maybe that is why they are taking long.
I contacted the Admissions team they assured that no decision has been made yet on my behalf.I'll have to wait.Thanks your reply
Thank you.
I'm sure it went better than you think! I had a interview i thought went bad with another uni and still got a offer. They expect you to be nervous and understand that interviews via video call are kinda awkward, so they'll understand that. They just want to know that you have the qualities to be a good nurse and understand what the course entails you'll hear back soon, it's only been a week. Plus, this time of year they'll be getting more applicants, so that kinda makes the administrative process take a bit longer.
I'm sure you actually killed that interview, and just have natural nerves about getting in! was LSBU your first choice?
Marina1989
Rep:
?
Thank you.
I'm sure it went better than you think! I had a interview i thought went bad with another uni and still got a offer. They expect you to be nervous and understand that interviews via video call are kinda awkward, so they'll understand that. They just want to know that you have the qualities to be a good nurse and understand what the course entails you'll hear back soon, it's only been a week. Plus, this time of year they'll be getting more applicants, so that kinda makes the administrative process take a bit longer.
I'm sure you actually killed that interview, and just have natural nerves about getting in! was LSBU your first choice?
Thank you Hopefully it all goes well, to be frankly honest Im more inclined to go City awaiting for the interviews dates to approach , but obviously any offer rejections can still be quite harsh on one's confidence.
Nubling_Lottie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you Hopefully it all goes well, to be frankly honest Im more inclined to go City awaiting for the interviews dates to approach , but obviously any offer rejections can still be quite harsh on one's confidence.
City, uni of London? I had my interview there for the masters last Wednesday, and got the offer today They do it over the phone, but were lovely and ask several non-clinical scenarios. Just be warned the timeframe for them to call for the interview is 2 hours from the booked in time, so don't be alarmed if it's a later than you expected like I was
As long as you talk about the personal aspect of nursing and show your desire to be a children's nursing, you'll do fine I promise the first interview is almost always the worst, cos you aren't sure what to expect.
I personally don't know if I have preference cos I couldn't go to see the campuses, I have two bachelor offers, two PGDip/masters offers, and waiting on KCL still (i applied super early). All London bar Surrey I'm sure you'll smash it, it's just a nerve racking process I know cos all my friends were telling me not to stress so much about it!
Marina1989
Rep:
?
City, uni of London? I had my interview there for the masters last Wednesday, and got the offer today They do it over the phone, but were lovely and ask several non-clinical scenarios. Just be warned the timeframe for them to call for the interview is 2 hours from the booked in time, so don't be alarmed if it's a later than you expected like I was
As long as you talk about the personal aspect of nursing and show your desire to be a children's nursing, you'll do fine I promise the first interview is almost always the worst, cos you aren't sure what to expect.
I personally don't know if I have preference cos I couldn't go to see the campuses, I have two bachelor offers, two PGDip/masters offers, and waiting on KCL still (i applied super early). All London bar Surrey I'm sure you'll smash it, it's just a nerve racking process I know cos all my friends were telling me not to stress so much about it!
Heya my apologies for the late reply, what you've just said about City university has really put me at ease, Yes im so happy that it is a phone interview, having to go on cam is awkward for me.I really want to go City!Thank you so much for the advise, do you have to get started on your RPL??if you do how long of a time frame they gave you to complete it.
Nubling_Lottie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heya my apologies for the late reply, what you've just said about City university has really put me at ease, Yes im so happy that it is a phone interview, having to go on cam is awkward for me.I really want to go City!Thank you so much for the advise, do you have to get started on your RPL??if you do how long of a time frame they gave you to complete it.
No I haven't been given the details of the RPL for either City or LSBU. LSBU said the info about the RPL claim info is given out in a few months, so that's not needed atm. I imagine the unis will give a couple months for it, but that's all I really know atm Yeah the phone interview at first was awkward, but they were lovely and at put you at ease fast
Marina1989
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
No I haven't been given the details of the RPL for either City or LSBU. LSBU said the info about the RPL claim info is given out in a few months, so that's not needed atm. I imagine the unis will give a couple months for it, but that's all I really know atm Yeah the phone interview at first was awkward, but they were lovely and at put you at ease fast
Heya, I hope you are well and Happy New Year ive was offered a place at Southbank and City both for child nursing, have you had your offer formalised by City University by any chance or given your RPL instruction and deadline.
Nubling_Lottie
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Heya, I hope you are well and Happy New Year ive was offered a place at Southbank and City both for child nursing, have you had your offer formalised by City University by any chance or given your RPL instruction and deadline.
Yay! Congratulations!
I have the offer formalised a few days after or last convo, with the RPL essays. My deadline was today but I submitted it two weeks ago (I did it over Christmas cos i had three other assignment for my current degree). I'm assuming you have the instructions, how are you finding it?
Marina1989
Rep:
?
Yay! Congratulations!
I have the offer formalised a few days after or last convo, with the RPL essays. My deadline was today but I submitted it two weeks ago (I did it over Christmas cos i had three other assignment for my current degree). I'm assuming you have the instructions, how are you finding it?
thanks hun, nope nothing has yet been formalised ive handed in my fee assessment form on the week commencing the 4th of January and had email both confirming my offer but nothing has yet been changed on UCAS , and my email is like being ignored. they gave me an offer for both courses Mental Health and Child MSc but i am being contacted again to do an interview again. Ive sent them an email complaining yesterday no reply as of now.Im wondering if i should go ahead with Southbank instead of City, but after my offer Southbank has not said anything since.
Nubling_Lottie
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
thanks hun, nope nothing has yet been formalised ive handed in my fee assessment form on the week commencing the 4th of January and had email both confirming my offer but nothing has yet been changed on UCAS , and my email is like being ignored. they gave me an offer for both courses Mental Health and Child MSc but i am being contacted again to do an interview again. Ive sent them an email complaining yesterday no reply as of now.Im wondering if i should go ahead with Southbank instead of City, but after my offer Southbank has not said anything since.
Omg, that sounds like a admin nightmare! Im sorry that's happening, I'd stressed out
I believe it took about a week for the offer to be added onto UCAS after the uni email, and I think a further two days til I got the RPL claim. It may be taking longer atm because of impact of covid - the UCAS deadline has been extended, they now have the main bulk of applications and whatever internal issues for current students with covid (like all unis must be). I'd say give them a few more days to reply, then send another email in the same email thread in case it's got lost in the mass of emails.
In regards to RPL deadline - it's individual. The essay portion is due six weeks from when they give the email with the details (at least that's what my email said) so don't worry about that. The work experience RPL and that isn't due til end of July I think? So that should be fine
I'm assuming you've applied for September start? If so, I believe you have til May to accept on UCAS (your track profile will say at the top), so I wouldn't advise picking a uni yet.
Then in regards to LSBU, I've heard nothing since my offer other than a very belated offer email direct from them (over a month since the UCAS offer?). I don't think we will get much more information there til later in the year.
Obviously, it's all your choice but this is just my advise and the information on deadlines that I have I wouldn't worry too much, the unis are having a major admin nightmare period lately, though I know I'd be a major stress-ball in your situation
Marina1989
Rep:
?
Omg, that sounds like a admin nightmare! Im sorry that's happening, I'd stressed out
I believe it took about a week for the offer to be added onto UCAS after the uni email, and I think a further two days til I got the RPL claim. It may be taking longer atm because of impact of covid - the UCAS deadline has been extended, they now have the main bulk of applications and whatever internal issues for current students with covid (like all unis must be). I'd say give them a few more days to reply, then send another email in the same email thread in case it's got lost in the mass of emails.
In regards to RPL deadline - it's individual. The essay portion is due six weeks from when they give the email with the details (at least that's what my email said) so don't worry about that. The work experience RPL and that isn't due til end of July I think? So that should be fine
I'm assuming you've applied for September start? If so, I believe you have til May to accept on UCAS (your track profile will say at the top), so I wouldn't advise picking a uni yet.
Then in regards to LSBU, I've heard nothing since my offer other than a very belated offer email direct from them (over a month since the UCAS offer?). I don't think we will get much more information there til later in the year.
Obviously, it's all your choice but this is just my advise and the information on deadlines that I have I wouldn't worry too much, the unis are having a major admin nightmare period lately, though I know I'd be a major stress-ball in your situation
Thank you so much Lottie that has given me some comfort i am just going to leave all to be what it has to be and focus on my maths gcse equivalent exam.
Thank you so much you really helped me feel alot better.
I even feel bad cos i think I was kinda rude on my email but i think its just the frustration that took the best of me .
Nubling_Lottie
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Thank you so much Lottie that has given me some comfort i am just going to leave all to be what it has to be and focus on my maths gcse equivalent exam.
Thank you so much you really helped me feel alot better.
I even feel bad cos i think I was kinda rude on my email but i think its just the frustration that took the best of me .
I'm glad it reassured you Just make sure you follow up if you don't get a reply in a few days, January is a busy month for unis at my lecturers always say just follow if need be cos emails get lost easily. And i knew the RPL would be the most worrying part, cos I was worrying about that before I got the email (and still to a smaller degree on LSBU)
I am sure you probably weren't as rude as you think! Chances are, it came off more assertive if it was a bit blunt - but either way, I'm sure they get much worse emails during applications time!
Marina1989
Rep:
?
hahahahahaha I can imagine, I'll def continue with my positivity ill deffo keep you updated, taka care Lottie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads