The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing Admissions Exam

I have my admissions exam tomorrow 😭😭 what should I be aware of? I do Maths and Computer Science A level as a heads up :smile:)
Don't think you can really prepare much for it, its more so skills you pick up. What you can expect is some maths questions and some programming ones, as in they give you pseudocode and you have to answer something about its outputs given inputs. For the maths if you have been practising UKMT/STEP/CTMUA questions etc. that should help and maybe just brush on on pseudocode and even a programming language as you can just write up the code they give you and run it yourself :P. Goodluck!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Polycrylate
Don't think you can really prepare much for it, its more so skills you pick up. What you can expect is some maths questions and some programming ones, as in they give you pseudocode and you have to answer something about its outputs given inputs. For the maths if you have been practising UKMT/STEP/CTMUA questions etc. that should help and maybe just brush on on pseudocode and even a programming language as you can just write up the code they give you and run it yourself :P. Goodluck!

Ah that's so great to hear, I know Python HTML and SQL so I'm hopeful for the programming section, but this helps so much!! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending