Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t like change. But I know life has to move on.
I am moving out of my country and study in the Uk. I wanted to stay home and do some job, but I really wanted to do masters. Since I am so far away from home, I am feeling overwhelming amount of anxiety. I am someone who want everything to be the same always.

Anyone has any advice ?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am moving out of my country and study in the Uk. I wanted to stay home and do some job, but I really wanted to do masters. Since I am so far away from home, I am feeling overwhelming amount of anxiety. I am someone who want everything to be the same always.

Anyone has any advice ?
I can understand how you feel, because change can be quite scary. One important thing to remember - change is the only constant in life. Whilst change can feel overwhelming, it is the only thing in life that you will always have and experience. Try embracing it, this is just another chapter of your life. Who knows where life will take you - where you live, relationships, friendships, jobs, homes etc. Your life will be full of change and this is just one of them. Try to focus on the good and what you're looking forward to instead of the things that scare you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I can understand how you feel, because change can be quite scary. One important thing to remember - change is the only constant in life. Whilst change can feel overwhelming, it is the only thing in life that you will always have and experience. Try embracing it, this is just another chapter of your life. Who knows where life will take you - where you live, relationships, friendships, jobs, homes etc. Your life will be full of change and this is just one of them. Try to focus on the good and what you're looking forward to instead of the things that scare you.
Thanks a lot for that lovely message and advice.
you are absolutely right!!!
That’s the only thing that is keeping me way from backing out of this decision.
if I don’t embrace life and resist change, I will go nowhere, and I may regret this at later stages in life.
anyways looking forwards fir an exciting year ahead.
cheers mate
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Anyone has any advice ?
Hey!

It's such a difficult time for everyone right now, it's totally understandable to feel anxious.

Teachers and students will be so welcoming at university, so I'm sure the feeling of being homesick will fade away quickly and you'll soon settle in

You could join a club or society, become a student ambassador, get a part-time job on campus, as ways to distract your mind and be around new people that can turn into great, lifelong friends who can help take your mind off the feeling of worry and anxiety!

Change is scary, but you've got this! You'll do great, and I hope you have the best university experience

Good luck.

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads