Abbymillar01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I understand you can get into the aesthetics industry with and without a nursing degree but being a nurse going into the industry you will have more respect being in the medical industry and you can take part in the v300 prescribing course. In currently in the first year of my nursing degree and am willing to do the 3 years to be able to get into the aesthetics industry. But since researching it further I have read that I have to then complete 3 years as a registered nurse after graduating, is that mandatory or is that only advised? If you don’t complete them 3 years after graduating would you not be able to complete the prescribing course? I am committed to completing the 3 years at uni but since finding out I may have to then do another 3 years in the nursing field I’m hesitant to carry on my nursing course as my end goal is aesthetics and know how much of a commitment nursing can be.
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the uni offering the V300. Some uni’s require 36months experience, others less. Either way some experience is usually advised.
Usually your employer supports you through extra training such as the V300
paub
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you want to give serious drugs to folks as a nqn. as a newly qualified you can do the v100 or 150 but the v300 your going to need experience. 12 months heres napiers entry requirements
Entry requirements
You must have one years’ post-registration experience prior to application;
Be proficient in appropriate clinical/health assessment, diagnostics/care management and the planning and evaluation of care in relation to your role;
You must agree with your line manager the suitability of a prescribing qualification within your area of practice and have written support from your Prescribing Lead (if applicable)
You must have the support of a Designated Prescribing Practitioner (DPP) and professionals to support your learning in practice alongside having a practice learning audit in place;
You must agree with your line manager (if applicable) that you will be supported with this programme with class attendance, practice learning time and your role. For practitioners working as self-employed / within the independent sector, please contact the Programme lead prior to application;

you will need a job were is relevant a new ward nurse may prove a problem.
consider plastics whilst gaining experience.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To add to what paub has already said, you'll also hold more clinical credibility as a practitioner if you have experience as a nurse. A lot of nurses who've gone into aesthetics use their clinical experience as a selling point.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads