The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh thats good, at least they made the effort to come see you, shows that they're bothered!
As for the other 3, its a shame if you've been friends with people for that long and then they change for the worse, but theres no point in being friends with those people because they'll know that they can treat you like crap and get away with it. I wouldnt cut the other 3 off completely due to you having mutual friends, but just distance yourself from them, at least until they learn how to treat friends properly anyway.
absolutely- its bad enough they thought you would get really drunk when you said you would drive
let alone leave you- even if you had been guilty of getting trashed they should take you home.
you should talk to them though- that would be very hard, but if you cant do that and there clearly isnt a lot of trust in your friendship with them, what kind of friends are they?
once all my friends sued me on the game of life

i still feel betrayed by them.
Reply 43
Anonymous
Well 2 of the girls came round just now. I asked if they wanted to ditch me again before I began yelling. But they just came and waited for it. Seems they were expecting the shouting. I did lay into them for being crappy friends and leaving the 2 of us behind. Leaving the girl to deal with me in her drunken state, when really she was entitled to be pampered for the whole day and night. After that I calmed down and listened to them explain.

Ywiss you were right. They were told by the other 2 girls that I was being irresponsible and drinking. Even though they knew I don't drink when I drive, in their drunken states they weren't sure what to believe. But when it became obvious they wouldn't have had a lift home with me, they went in the other girl's car. These 2 are quite upset that such a thing happened, made them feel worse when I told them to cancel all the extra plans we had made until my leaving do. But I'm going to remain good friends with them. They are genuinely sorry.

From all the chats I've had with the birthday girl and these 2, I've realised those other 3 are utter bitches. I hate the thought of breaking off this friendship but more and more things being revealed is showing them in an extremely poor view.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Hey, great, I'm glad it's worked out for you, and you've been able to sort your real friends from the dross. So are you going to ditch the other three then? Or is it too awkward if the other two and the birthday girl are still friends with them?
Reply 44
Ywiss
Hey, great, I'm glad it's worked out for you, and you've been able to sort your real friends from the dross. So are you going to ditch the other three then? Or is it too awkward if the other two and the birthday girl are still friends with them?

Well with those 2 and the birthday girl, things are pretty much sorted. I know them well enough to know they are being totally genuine with me.

As for the other 3, well the situation has become worse, which I'm now muddling my way through. One of those girls is going out with a really close mate of mine. when she told her version of the night they had a huge bust up and the guy has actually told the bday girl's version to our huge group. Which in turn has caused those 3 to be ostracized from the group. I feel bad because I know the reasons they are placing all the blame on me. Its all quite stupid. But hey ho, I've got my true friends so I don't worry bout the situation as much.
They're not your real friends and you should ditch them like they did you
Reply 46
I'd be well pissed off! They meant to be your mates and sticking by you. From what I see the Party girl was your true mate.
The amount of times that i have stayed with my friends when they're drunk god only knows. Like you, when I drive I dont drink at all which has lead some of my friends to think that i just dont like drinking and so tease me. The fact remains though, thats whenever i ask if someone else can drive no one wants to go all the way to where I live (its a bit off the beaten track) so i end up driving. mates eh?

In you case, get shot. They're not worth your time or your petrol if they ditch you that easily. What is something really bad had been wrong?

p.s. have a nice gap year x

Latest

Trending

Trending