The Student Room Group

Revise together?

Hello there, I’m having my mocks very soon and GCSEs are also coming up. I’ve been doing a lot of revision of topics, but I would also like to do it with other people, I found it helps me a lot and it’s a great way of sharing ideas and making friends.

I’m studying:
English : Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde, Macbeth and an inspector calls
Maths higher: Aqa
Triple science
History: peoples migration and empire, Germany and the Cold War
Dance: AQA
Computer science: OCR
Reply 1
Original post by olivka
Hello there, I’m having my mocks very soon and GCSEs are also coming up. I’ve been doing a lot of revision of topics, but I would also like to do it with other people, I found it helps me a lot and it’s a great way of sharing ideas and making friends.

I’m studying:
Triple science

I'd love to join you since idk how to get myself to study ahaha but yh, I do triple science (aqa), geography (aqa), french (aqa) and the compulsory subjects like maths and RE and stuff. Unfortunately, I do edexcel maths but I guess it can't be that different
Reply 2
Definitely!! Maths is a hard one, and it’s all about application.
I’ve already done my RS gcse so I think I’ll be able to help.
Reply 3
Original post by olivka
Definitely!! Maths is a hard one, and it’s all about application.
I’ve already done my RS gcse so I think I’ll be able to help

I would gladly appreciate help with RE and maths cuz those are the only things Im,like, reallly failing at 😭
Original post by dd_razz
I'd love to join you since idk how to get myself to study ahaha but yh, I do triple science (aqa), geography (aqa), french (aqa) and the compulsory subjects like maths and RE and stuff. Unfortunately, I do edexcel maths but I guess it can't be that different

hey. i am really struggling with geography could you give me any tips on how to revise for it pleaseee
Reply 5
Original post by helloiambored
hey. i am really struggling with geography could you give me any tips on how to revise for it pleaseee

Hi, so what I do is I take notes in a book that I reserve for geography( I have a book/folder for every subject, minus english and RE ) . Once I've finished taking notes on that particular topic, I go and do a quiz, or exam style questions to make sure it sticks in my head. Annndddd then I forget about the entire thing until last minute when I have my exams tomorrow :biggrin: but yh, make sure to recap every once in a while so you don't end up cramming it like me lolol
Reply 6
Original post by helloiambored

Hello. I don't do geography but my brother does. However what i have found that when I revise for subjects similar is that I go onto the examboard website and see what they require. they usually have a checklist or bullet points that show you what they expect. I then research it all in detail and write down the things i dont know. In a way, I treat it like a case a detective would've got, lol. It makes it fun. Initially, my idea was that if I know more then I should, then I definitely know what I need to know. I done this with computer science and it got me a grade 9. However the problem with this is that you have to stay motivated. I say, prepare yourself mentally the day before to just spend as much time as you want on the research.
Reply 7
Original post by dd_razz
I would gladly appreciate help with RE and maths cuz those are the only things Im,like, reallly failing at 😭

Yeah definately! I know for a fact maths is a pain in the ass so were in the same boat.
Original post by olivka

I’m studying:
Triple science

hey! i’m doing Macbeth. I would love to talk to you about it. Would you like to pm sometime?
Reply 9
Original post by chryssucks
hey! i’m doing Macbeth. I would love to talk to you about it. Would you like to pm sometime?

Yeah definitely!
Original post by olivka

I’m studying:
Triple science

im down to study together

I do the same subjects as dd_razz

Original post by dd_razz

we do the same subjects ay lol
Original post by Kanor
im down to study together

I do the same subjects as dd_razz

we do the same subjects ay lol

ayyyy I'm glad another person is part of the "i did Ebacc and i got no where in life" gang lol
I have my RE mock on Monday and Im-
Original post by dd_razz
ayyyy I'm glad another person is part of the "i did Ebacc and i got no where in life" gang lol
I have my RE mock on Monday and Im-

broo ebacc was so bad, we had the most strict teacher in the world for it and i learnt what true pressure was from those lessons
Original post by Kanor
broo ebacc was so bad, we had the most strict teacher in the world for it and i learnt what true pressure was from those lessons

Truuuue. And it all it does is give the school a higher ebacc score smh now the students who chose it have to suffer 😒
Reply 14
They gassed ebacc way too much, it made it seem like that’s the only way to get into uni and they were better then everything else, I’ve only ever heard it being used that one time when my teachers told me about it and thats it. Lol
Original post by olivka
They gassed ebacc way too much, it made it seem like that’s the only way to get into uni and they were better then everything else, I’ve only ever heard it being used that one time when my teachers told me about it and thats it. Lol

lol frr, still down for that revision sess thing however it'll work lol?
Original post by Kanor
lol frr, still down for that revision sess thing however it'll work lol?

Well, I'm in.. my friends aren't ppl who revise so I need some form of motivation lol
Im not doing macbeth in school but if you have any questions Id love to think of answers bc i loved that play <33
Original post by Majafaja
Im not doing macbeth in school but if you have any questions Id love to think of answers bc i loved that play <33

How'd you even like Macbeth? Like, my school went over it sooo many times and I actually feel like I know the play so well Im starting to forget it 😅

Quick Reply

Latest