olivka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello there, I’m having my mocks very soon and GCSEs are also coming up. I’ve been doing a lot of revision of topics, but I would also like to do it with other people, I found it helps me a lot and it’s a great way of sharing ideas and making friends.

I’m studying:
English : Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde, Macbeth and an inspector calls
Maths higher: Aqa
Triple science
History: peoples migration and empire, Germany and the Cold War
Dance: AQA
Computer science: OCR
dd_razz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by olivka)
Hello there, I’m having my mocks very soon and GCSEs are also coming up. I’ve been doing a lot of revision of topics, but I would also like to do it with other people, I found it helps me a lot and it’s a great way of sharing ideas and making friends.

I’m studying:
Triple science
I'd love to join you since idk how to get myself to study ahaha but yh, I do triple science (aqa), geography (aqa), french (aqa) and the compulsory subjects like maths and RE and stuff. Unfortunately, I do edexcel maths but I guess it can't be that different
olivka
Rep:
?
Definitely!! Maths is a hard one, and it’s all about application.
I’ve already done my RS gcse so I think I’ll be able to help.
dd_razz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely!! Maths is a hard one, and it’s all about application.
I’ve already done my RS gcse so I think I’ll be able to help
I would gladly appreciate help with RE and maths cuz those are the only things Im,like, reallly failing at 😭
helloiambored
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dd_razz)
I'd love to join you since idk how to get myself to study ahaha but yh, I do triple science (aqa), geography (aqa), french (aqa) and the compulsory subjects like maths and RE and stuff. Unfortunately, I do edexcel maths but I guess it can't be that different
hey. i am really struggling with geography could you give me any tips on how to revise for it pleaseee
dd_razz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by helloiambored)
hey. i am really struggling with geography could you give me any tips on how to revise for it pleaseee
Hi, so what I do is I take notes in a book that I reserve for geography( I have a book/folder for every subject, minus english and RE ) . Once I've finished taking notes on that particular topic, I go and do a quiz, or exam style questions to make sure it sticks in my head. Annndddd then I forget about the entire thing until last minute when I have my exams tomorrow but yh, make sure to recap every once in a while so you don't end up cramming it like me lolol
olivka
Rep:
?
(Original post by helloiambored)
Hello. I don't do geography but my brother does. However what i have found that when I revise for subjects similar is that I go onto the examboard website and see what they require. they usually have a checklist or bullet points that show you what they expect. I then research it all in detail and write down the things i dont know. In a way, I treat it like a case a detective would've got, lol. It makes it fun. Initially, my idea was that if I know more then I should, then I definitely know what I need to know. I done this with computer science and it got me a grade 9. However the problem with this is that you have to stay motivated. I say, prepare yourself mentally the day before to just spend as much time as you want on the research.
olivka
Rep:
?
I would gladly appreciate help with RE and maths cuz those are the only things Im,like, reallly failing at 😭
Yeah definately! I know for a fact maths is a pain in the ass so were in the same boat.
chryssucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I’m studying:
Triple science
hey! i’m doing Macbeth. I would love to talk to you about it. Would you like to pm sometime?
olivka
Rep:
?
(Original post by chryssucks)
hey! i’m doing Macbeth. I would love to talk to you about it. Would you like to pm sometime?
Yeah definitely!
Kanor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I’m studying:
Triple science
im down to study together

I do the same subjects as dd_razz

we do the same subjects ay lol
dd_razz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kanor)
im down to study together

I do the same subjects as dd_razz

we do the same subjects ay lol
ayyyy I'm glad another person is part of the "i did Ebacc and i got no where in life" gang lol
I have my RE mock on Monday and Im- ⚉
Kanor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ayyyy I'm glad another person is part of the "i did Ebacc and i got no where in life" gang lol
I have my RE mock on Monday and Im- ⚉
broo ebacc was so bad, we had the most strict teacher in the world for it and i learnt what true pressure was from those lessons
dd_razz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kanor)
broo ebacc was so bad, we had the most strict teacher in the world for it and i learnt what true pressure was from those lessons
Truuuue. And it all it does is give the school a higher ebacc score smh now the students who chose it have to suffer 😒
olivka
Rep:
?
They gassed ebacc way too much, it made it seem like that’s the only way to get into uni and they were better then everything else, I’ve only ever heard it being used that one time when my teachers told me about it and thats it. Lol
Kanor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They gassed ebacc way too much, it made it seem like that’s the only way to get into uni and they were better then everything else, I’ve only ever heard it being used that one time when my teachers told me about it and thats it. Lol
lol frr, still down for that revision sess thing however it'll work lol?
dd_razz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kanor)
lol frr, still down for that revision sess thing however it'll work lol?
Well, I'm in.. my friends aren't ppl who revise so I need some form of motivation lol
Majafaja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im not doing macbeth in school but if you have any questions Id love to think of answers bc i loved that play <33
dd_razz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Majafaja)
Im not doing macbeth in school but if you have any questions Id love to think of answers bc i loved that play <33
How'd you even like Macbeth? Like, my school went over it sooo many times and I actually feel like I know the play so well Im starting to forget it 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
56.09%
I don't have everything I need (245)
43.91%

Watched Threads