Help!! Bad second year results, not sure what to do next Watch

rotherhamlad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey guys,

Basically, my second year results have been terrible, my exams in January were deferred to early September due to leg pains, and when I did these exams, I was fasting because of Ramadan, which totally knocked me for six, and consequently, I failed these exams. Basically, my results came, and due to this, I'm on a 3rd, when I should have been looking at a mid-to-high 2:2 - Not perfect, but I would still have ample scope to push it into a 2:1. Anyways, my Uni are advising I intercelate this year and do the resits of the exams I failed in this year, or alternatively, I do all 8 exams this year.
Personally, I want to repeat the second year, because I was severely affected by my problems in the exam periods in January and September, but I havent been given that option by my Uni, so I dont know if I will be successful in getting that.
My Uni have also said that due to my problems, that if I get to a 57+% average overall by the end of my 3rd year, they will give me a 2:1 classification overall by compensation, in order to achieve this, I will have to attain a 69% average. Also, if I want an outright 2:1, I will have to attain a 75% average for my final year.

Basically, what I'm asking is, what should I do? Should I intercelate? Try and argue for a resitting of my 2nd year? Or carry on this year?

Any replies would be much appreciated guys, as I am totally lost right now!
r04501112
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ask about redoing the year. See what you would have to do, finance, ect ect. My cousin redid her second year and she really enjoyed it cos she understood everything so much better.
rotherhamlad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks mate, I'm inclining ever more into doing that tbh...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed