Which phone chipsets are better than the Kirin 710 in phones under £150.

Watch
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Looking for devices with better single-core and multi-core performance than the 710. The Snapdragon 665 is slightly worse apparently.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2003a39)
Looking for devices with better single-core and multi-core performance than the 710. The Snapdragon 665 is slightly worse apparently.
From the benchmarks notebookcheck have compiled, they're relatively similar, with each taking an edge in different benchmarks.

Either way they're both about the best options for sub-£150 phones, the 665 is getting a little long in the tooth now but nothing else has really crept into this price point yet. Your next jump up would be at £200 for the Snapdragon 750G found in the Mi 10T Lite, and it is a substantial jump. Looking ahead in time, the launch of phones like the Mi 10T Lite and Poco X3 for around £200 may start pushing phones that used to dance around this price like the Realme 6 down into the £150 territory, perhaps buoyed by phones based on Mediatek's Dimensity chipsets if they live up to their potential. But for right now, you've identified the best options.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
2003a39
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
From the benchmarks notebookcheck have compiled, they're relatively similar, with each taking an edge in different benchmarks.

Either way they're both about the best options for sub-£150 phones, the 665 is getting a little long in the tooth now but nothing else has really crept into this price point yet. Your next jump up would be at £200 for the Snapdragon 750G found in the Mi 10T Lite, and it is a substantial jump. Looking ahead in time, the launch of phones like the Mi 10T Lite and Poco X3 for around £200 may start pushing phones that used to dance around this price like the Realme 6 down into the £150 territory, perhaps buoyed by phones based on Mediatek's Dimensity chipsets if they live up to their potential. But for right now, you've identified the best options.
Thanks, my current phone has the 439 (had a Huawei with the 710 until I noticed that the earpiece was faulty). Any improvement is an improvement.Anything that's better than the 439 in all areas (Antutu and Geekbench) will do fine.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Poco M3! https://www.poco.net/global/

Runs on the Snapdragon 662 processor. If you're quick you may still be able to grab it for £99.

Stereo speakers, headphone jack, full HD screen, 6000mAh battery. Very good value all round.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
2003a39
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Poco M3! https://www.poco.net/global/

Runs on the Snapdragon 662 processor. If you're quick you may still be able to grab it for £99.

Stereo speakers, headphone jack, full HD screen, 6000mAh battery. Very good value all round.
I have small hands, phones under 74mm are fine. My current phone is 71mm wide and 8mm thick.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have small hands, phones under 74mm are fine. My current phone is 71mm wide and 8mm thick.
Well you didn'y specify this in your previos posts!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (310)
55.86%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.14%

Watched Threads