Once university spaces are full, do they automatically decline

Watch
a.plane
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I was one of the earliest people to send off their UCAS to my school and my application still hasn’t been sent off. So I am wondering if universities automatically decline you if they are full (as I am applying to competitive unis)?

Sorry I am very stressed out as many people who sent their application off after me (to my school) have already got there’s sent off to UCAS and have their spaces.
I have connected my tutor and she said that the staff member may take some time to send it off.

Sorry for the rant. I just want to know if my application goes in late will Russel group unis still offer me a place (as all my choices are Russel groups)

Thank you in advance 😊
tehreemfatima6
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don’t have to worry until and unless you submit your application before the 15th January deadline because universities have to keep places open fro new applications
anisha211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tehreemfatima6)
You don’t have to worry until and unless you submit your application before the 15th January deadline because universities have to keep places open fro new applications
so as long as I give it in before the deadline they will equally consider me? but would this affect accommodation though? because people who get their offer first can apply to their first choice of halls and have a better chance of getting their choice?
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anisha211)
so as long as I give it in before the deadline they will equally consider me? but would this affect accommodation though? because people who get their offer first can apply to their first choice of halls and have a better chance of getting their choice?
Most universities will not give out accommodation until well after the Jan 15 deadline.
anisha211
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Most universities will not give out accommodation until well after the Jan 15 deadline.
oh okay! thanks
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They can only do this if you applied after the 15th January. (your application might still be considered but they're free to hold applications to a higher standard/close to applications at any time after that date)

As long as your application is sent off before that deadline you don't have to worry about it.
anisha211
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi! just another thing - I'm an international student so I really need one of the uni's scholarships in order to help with my financial situation. obviously there is only a limited number of scholarships available so would I be at a chance of not getting the scholarship if my application is sent before the deadline but still late(ish)???
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anisha211)
hi! just another thing - I'm an international student so I really need one of the uni's scholarships in order to help with my financial situation. obviously there is only a limited number of scholarships available so would I be at a chance of not getting the scholarship if my application is sent before the deadline but still late(ish)???
The scholarship may have its own deadline, you'd have to check that.
anisha211
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
The scholarship may have its own deadline, you'd have to check that.
it doesn't say anything about that on the website
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads