Raja12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,

I just saw that we are going to be getting topics for the papers for this years A-Level exams. I do Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Do you think I should cover all of year 12 content between December and January, and when the topic lists come in January, I can focus on that. How do I structure my revision?
abbiefowkes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Raja12)
Hey guys,

I just saw that we are going to be getting topics for the papers for this years A-Level exams. I do Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Do you think I should cover all of year 12 content between December and January, and when the topic lists come in January, I can focus on that. How do I structure my revision?
Hi, that's weird I do exactly the same subjects! I think that's a good plan, but also I think repeating some of it later on will help consolidate your knowledge more (obviously the topics that are on the exams).
Raja12
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbiefowkes)
Hi, that's weird I do exactly the same subjects! I think that's a good plan, but also I think repeating some of it later on will help consolidate your knowledge more (obviously the topics that are on the exams).
haha the amount of content just kills me sometimes. oh yeah I am defo going to revise after January but was just asking about whether I should focus on year 12 or not, as some of it might not come up. let me guess.... ur doing medicine or dentistry or pharmacy or biomedical?
abbiefowkes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
haha the amount of content just kills me sometimes. oh yeah I am defo going to revise after January but was just asking about whether I should focus on year 12 or not, as some of it might not come up. let me guess.... ur doing medicine or dentistry or pharmacy or biomedical?
Veterinary medicine haha, because we don't know what is on the exams atm I think revising the main topics/sub-topics of year 12 will be good or maybe the topics you find difficult just in case I hope I'm being helpful I feel like I'm writing a load of rubbish hahah
Raja12
Rep:
?
Veterinary medicine haha, because we don't know what is on the exams atm I think revising the main topics/sub-topics of year 12 will be good or maybe the topics you find difficult just in case I hope I'm being helpful I feel like I'm writing a load of rubbish hahah
lol ni ur actually not... I overthink quite a lot so a person reassuring me on what I need to do goes a long way. I was actually planning to do medicine at first but eh, I realised I was more interested in investment banking
abbiefowkes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol ni ur actually not... I overthink quite a lot so a person reassuring me on what I need to do goes a long way. I was actually planning to do medicine at first but eh, I realised I was more interested in investment banking
Omg I literally overthink everything too! I couldn't do human medicine I'm terrified of hospitals which is ironic haha. What does investment banking involve?
Raja12
Rep:
?
Omg I literally overthink everything too! I couldn't do human medicine I'm terrified of hospitals which is ironic haha. What does investment banking involve?
im only terrified of hospitals if Im having something done to myself. um investment banking involves having clients and basically investing for them in stocks and other stuff. I realised my motivation was money so had to go into that field lol
abbiefowkes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im only terrified of hospitals if Im having something done to myself. um investment banking involves having clients and basically investing for them in stocks and other stuff. I realised my motivation was money so had to go into that field lol
That's what I'm terrified of but the thought of it as well *shivers*. OOOO INTERESTING
abbiefowkes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok i did not mean to do that in all caps hahaha
Raja12
Rep:
?
That's what I'm terrified of but the thought of it as well *shivers*. OOOO INTERESTING
omg howww... I couldn't do veterinary medicine I don't like any animal except horses
Raja12
Rep:
?
ok i did not mean to do that in all caps hahaha
i talk in all caps too then
abbiefowkes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omg howww... I couldn't do veterinary medicine I don't like any animal except horses
Idk haha... what even how can you not like animals, horses are the only ones I'm not so keen on lol
Raja12
Rep:
?
i talk in all caps too then
why didn't this come as all caps tf
Raja12
Rep:
?
Idk haha... what even how can you not like animals, horses are the only ones I'm not so keen on lol
bruh a dog ran after me when I was young, so been traumatised since then..... wanna take this to the dms?
hana_i
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, anyone taking Physics (Year 13) please recommend some revision techniques no matter what I try, I ALWAYS forget the content and can't answer the exam questions
Raja12
Rep:
?
(Original post by hana_i)
Hey, anyone taking Physics (Year 13) please recommend some revision techniques no matter what I try, I ALWAYS forget the content and can't answer the exam questions
um I dont do physics but I do bio, in which I always would get Ds and Es but now ended up so close to an A. Um, I would say print out all of the physics and maths tutor questions and do them. However, make sure that the questions you get wrong, you ask yourself why you got it wrong. This is the important bit as doing questions that you already know won't boost your grade. So, make sure you ask yourself why you got it wrong and whether you need to go over the content again...
abbiefowkes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
bruh a dog ran after me when I was young, so been traumatised since then..... wanna take this to the dms?
Hahahah ok
hana_i
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
um I dont do physics but I do bio, in which I always would get Ds and Es but now ended up so close to an A. Um, I would say print out all of the physics and maths tutor questions and do them. However, make sure that the questions you get wrong, you ask yourself why you got it wrong. This is the important bit as doing questions that you already know won't boost your grade. So, make sure you ask yourself why you got it wrong and whether you need to go over the content again...
first of all, thank you for replying lol i have literally done physics past papers from like 2009-2018, i think the issue is understanding of the concepts and lack of consist revision. for understanding, i try my best to learn the content through a variety of resources, as my teacher is pretty useless and i'm the only one taking Physics, this usually takes lots of time. it would have helped if i had someone to study with :bawling: as for revision, i just do past papers but i think i need to consistently review previous topics i.e concepts i don't understand and questions i get wrong. however, my problem is that how i'm supposed to fit in time for revision of previous content whislt i'm getting tests every week for each subject on the new content, on top of heaps of homework (which is usually due the next day) cuz some pieces of homework take a while i.e math. i have asked my teachers but obviously they haven't been helpful.
terriblerobby
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hana_i)
first of all, thank you for replying lol i have literally done physics past papers from like 2009-2018, i think the issue is understanding of the concepts and lack of consist revision. for understanding, i try my best to learn the content through a variety of resources, as my teacher is pretty useless and i'm the only one taking Physics, this usually takes lots of time. it would have helped if i had someone to study with :bawling: as for revision, i just do past papers but i think i need to consistently review previous topics i.e concepts i don't understand and questions i get wrong. however, my problem is that how i'm supposed to fit in time for revision of previous content whislt i'm getting tests every week for each subject on the new content, on top of heaps of homework (which is usually due the next day) cuz some pieces of homework take a while i.e math. i have asked my teachers but obviously they haven't been helpful.
i'm an A/A* student (Year 13) in A Level Physics if you need help with stuff or just want general advice feel free to contact me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (48)
17.65%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (77)
28.31%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (35)
12.87%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.68%

Watched Threads