Spoons4382
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m looking to join as an officer, my husband is already in (away at present). If I am lucky enough to get in. Between us, will we be entitled to a house? Bearing in mind there will be times we will be miles apart (unaccompanied serving). One will be in the mess, but can the other have a house? We have no children, but we have a dog. As much as my career is important, we won’t be getting rid of our dog if we aren’t entitled to have a house.
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Spoons4382)
Hi, I’m looking to join as an officer, my husband is already in (away at present). If I am lucky enough to get in. Between us, will we be entitled to a house? Bearing in mind there will be times we will be miles apart (unaccompanied serving). One will be in the mess, but can the other have a house? We have no children, but we have a dog. As much as my career is important, we won’t be getting rid of our dog if we aren’t entitled to have a house.
Hi, an officer of which armed force? I would recommend speaking to someone from their branch or the recruitment officer as they will have all of the information.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In a nutshell, yes, one of you could apply for a house and one of you live in the Mess. However, there are rules about entitlement to accommodation based on one spouse of a married couple being given primacy, how far apart you are serving, if you own a house,

It's not something for your AFCO staff or 'branch personnel'; there will be a Welfare Officer at a unit that can advise and all applications for housing are made online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.86%
I don't have everything I need (142)
42.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise