Unnamed User
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm currently in my final year at university, and I applied for student finance a bit late.
My tuition fees are due in tomorrow, but my application with student finance is still processing, so I was worried, and wondering if there is anything I could do as my university isn't picking up the phone and I emailed them, but haven't received a reply.

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unnamed User)
Hi,

I'm currently in my final year at university, and I applied for student finance a bit late.
My tuition fees are due in tomorrow, but my application with student finance is still processing, so I was worried, and wondering if there is anything I could do as my university isn't picking up the phone and I emailed them, but haven't received a reply.

Thank you
Hi, when did you apply as it can take up to 8 weeks to be assessed. My advice is for you to speak with your university and explain the 8 week timescale and if they have given a deadline, ask them to extend it. Universities are usually happy to wait as long as you keep them updated with what is happening.
Thanks, Isaac
Unnamed User
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, when did you apply as it can take up to 8 weeks to be assessed. My advice is for you to speak with your university and explain the 8 week timescale and if they have given a deadline, ask them to extend it. Universities are usually happy to wait as long as you keep them updated with what is happening.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi,
I applied about 2 to 3 weeks ago (quite late).
I've already informed them, and they said it's okay, and to update them again mid January if nothing has happened until then.

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unnamed User)
Hi,
I applied about 2 to 3 weeks ago (quite late).
I've already informed them, and they said it's okay, and to update them again mid January if nothing has happened until then.

Thanks
Our timescales are not usually so high in December but I think COVID has affected everything to be honest. We are working very hard to lower the timescales so hopefully you won't be waiting too long.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (328)
55.69%
I don't have everything I need (261)
44.31%

Watched Threads